• Welcome to Orpington Astronomical Society.

News:

New version SMF 2.1.4 installed. You may need to clear cookies and login again...

Main Menu

Non connection to OAS website.

Started by doug, Sep 24, 2018, 10:03:42

Previous topic - Next topic

doug

Oh bother ... the laptop won`t connect to the OAS website any more ... says error 127.0.0.1 refused to connect. What a pain and it won`t recognize any and all passwords that I enter. If anyone has any ideas, please let me know. It`s all this modern technology that I don`t understand. Told you I was a pen and paper chap.....

Doug. :( :roll:
Always look on the bright side of life ...

ApophisAstros

Do a full virus scan deleting anything it recommends , hopefully its just an erroneous cookie or malware interfering with things.
Roger
RedCat51,QHYCCD183,Atik460EX,EQ6-R.Tri-Band OSC,BaaderSII1,25" 4.5nm,Ha3.5nm,Oiii3.5nm.

Carole

You do very well Doug for a late learner.  Hope you get it sorted.

Carole

Hugh

Hi Doug

I googled the error code and it indicates that it is a Proxy Server setting virus.

Look at the youtube link below for more info.  However, from the comments attached it didn't work on some machines?  But there are a number of other links when you google the error code so some may work for you ~ let's hope.

www.youtube.com/watch?v=Pg8wi-vWLSY

Hugh

Rick

One possibility is that your IP address has been blacklisted. This can happen if you have too many bad requests (including, but not limited to, login attempts with the wrong password) from it in a short space of time. Come back a little later, and the blockage should have expired.