• Welcome to Orpington Astronomical Society.

News:

New version SMF 2.1.4 installed. You may need to clear cookies and login again...

Main Menu

NGC 6960 Western Veil REPROCESSED

Started by ApophisAstros, Aug 11, 2018, 20:25:01

Previous topic - Next topic

ApophisAstros

New Version
vvvvvvvvvvv

Subs 19x150s Luminance
         23x150s RGB
  Minus 25oC
Integration: 1.8 hours .. over 2 days at Cairds DSC.
This is my first deepsky CCD image with my new camera. With a helping hand from Carole on processing i am very pleased with this  as Luminance was taken on Thursday night but filter wheel did not operate properly so captured the RGB on Friday night.
Roger
RedCat51,QHYCCD183,Atik460EX,EQ6-R.Tri-Band OSC,BaaderSII1,25" 4.5nm,Ha3.5nm,Oiii3.5nm.

MarkS

Excellent - that's looking really good!

Coincidentally I was imaging exactly the same object with almost exactly the same filed of view last night.  I haven't had a chance to process it yet.

Mark

The Thing

Very nice Roger. Maybe some kind processing expert could add all the Western Veil images together. Could be good. Carole knows how to use Registar...

Carole

QuoteMaybe some kind processing expert could add all the Western Veil images together. Could be good. Carole knows how to use Registar...

Only just seen this. 

It could be done, but there are such different processing results on these images, I think the only way it would work is if we combined linear data and all the participants need to be in agreement.

Then we need a volunteer to process the result.  Or we could each have a "go" at it and see what different results we have. 

We could then have a joint OAS Westerm Veil image.

Need feedback from Roger and Mark and need their stacked and unprocessed data, also yours. 

Carole

The Thing

Hi Carole,

My raw stacked image is in PixInsight XSIF format but I could convert to 32bit TIF or FIT.

ApophisAstros

It would be be ambitious and great if it could be done, there are always possibilities!
Roger
RedCat51,QHYCCD183,Atik460EX,EQ6-R.Tri-Band OSC,BaaderSII1,25" 4.5nm,Ha3.5nm,Oiii3.5nm.

Hugh

Great images you astrophotographers' exchange and enjoy reading your comments.  Clearly lots of hard time-consuming work.

I don't understand one bit of it but as long as you do that's OK.

Best

Hugh

Carole

QuoteI don't understand one bit of it but as long as you do that's OK.
Lol

QuoteMy raw stacked image is in PixInsight XSIF format but I could convert to 32bit TIF or FIT.
Yes please Duncan Tiff please.

I think Dropbox is probably the best route to transfer the files, I can't seem to install/open RAR files, so not that route please.

Also I am a bit busy ATM getting ready for our holiday and have our friends from Spain arriving on Tuesday who will be with us for a few days before we go and they are stopping in our house looking after the dog while we are away, using the time to sell their English car as they have now bought a car in Spain.  Also this weekend I have to go and sort out our rental property in Peterborough, so even if you all got the data to me quickly I can't promise I will have time to do it before I go away.  But something to look forward to at a subsequent meeting.

Carole