• Welcome to Orpington Astronomical Society.

News:

New version SMF 2.1.4 installed. You may need to clear cookies and login again...

Main Menu

NGC6914

Started by Carole, Jul 17, 2018, 23:15:15

Previous topic - Next topic

Carole

I took this on my last night at Cairds DSC whilst waiting for a previous target to rise high enough for me to do a few more subs.

I never knew this target existed until Lorenzo (one of the non OAS guests) suggested it.
As you have probably guessed I like colourful targets.

Needs much more data, but who knows when I will get a chance.

Dual rig on HEQ5
Luminance WO71ZS & Atik314L + FR x 0.8 10 x 600secs
Luminance ED80 & Atik460EX + FR x 0.8 4 x 600, Ha 6 x 600, and RGB 4 x 200 each binned x 2

Total 4hours 20mins

The Thing

Certainly colourful! I had to Google it to see where it was (in Cygnus). It was an APOD in 2011. More data and yours could be as good.

Carole

Thanks Duncan.  annoyingly I did get a further 1 hour 20 minutes luminance but when I examined them there was a bit of trailing, so I had to discard them.  No idea why, as the subs from the other scope on the dual rig taken at the same time seemed to be OK. 

But yes, bags more data needed, same as most of my images, the price you pay for not living in a dark location.

Carole

MarkS

A great result!  I love these colourful objects.

I need to look this one up a possible target because I haven't come across it before.

Mark

Carole

Thanks Mark, it's a rather small target possibly for your set up, but would love to see what you can do with it.  I have to take a fairly large crop of my full frame to get in this close.

Carole