• Welcome to Orpington Astronomical Society.

News:

New version SMF 2.1.4 installed. You may need to clear cookies and login again...

Main Menu

Starbecue today at Noel's Farm

Started by Carole, Jun 16, 2018, 19:23:49

Previous topic - Next topic

Carole

I thought we should start a new thread for this for posting pictures, videos and talking about the event. 

First of all, enormous thanks to Noel for hosting this and to Rachel who I am sure must have been involved in the preparation too.

A great afternoon.  Nice to see every-one socially and talk Astronomy.

Shame there were so many clouds preventing an overnight imaging session, but Rob and Rafal were stopping over to do some observing between the clouds.

Felt bad leaving you to do all the clearing up, but you seemed to have it all organised with the tractor and the dogs.

Carole 

Roy

On behalf of the Society a huge thank you to Noel and Rachel for hosting a wonderful event.

Roy and Sue

Carole

I'd be grateful for any photos and videos of the rocket launch please.

Thanks

Carole

Fay

Thankyou so much, Noel and Rachel, for a great day.

Fay
It is healthier to be mutton dressed as lamb, than mutton dressed as mutton!

doug

Thanks for a wonderful day, Noel and Rachel, for putting on a brilliant Star-B-Q... The food was great and so was the was the company. Nice to see lots of people turning up.

Best wishes Rose and Doug.

Always look on the bright side of life ...

Carole

Thanks Rose for sending me a link to my bottle launch.
For those who weren't there, I made a logo, OASA (Orpington Astronomical Space Agency) on the Bottle.

Commentary by Our President Greg. 

https://youtu.be/sKhTlZaYUPc

I managed a couple of screen grabs.

The Thing

It was excellent, same again next year? Thanks to Noel and Mrs Noel for providing a great venue. Noels observatory was interesting and the rocket launching great fun. Well done Carole!

Carole

QuoteWell done Carole!

Thanks Duncan, perhaps now members know how to make them and how they work, there could be a few more rockets next year. 

Carole

NoelC

Thank you all for coming; glad you enjoyed it.  What a nice bunch of people OAS really are! Thank you Sue very much for the flowers for Rachel (she appreciates them very much). Thanks also due to Carole for inspiring and encouraging to get the event off the ground.  Well done to Carole on your rocket making skills too. Sorry to everyone for the burnt bits!

Rob, Rafal and I sat by the log fire glimpsing Jupiter and hoping for bigger breaks in the cloud, but eventually we gave up at midnight. Next time well get the weather right...
Swapped telescopes for armchair.

Delphine

Many thanks Noel and Rachel for the BBQ yesterday.  It was a very enjoyable day with great food and company.   
Delphine & Ian

Carole

Fay uploaded these very nice photos to the gallery, I hope you don't mind me linking them on here too Fay as they are very relevant to this thread and shows what a good time we had and how many came.

Fay

Fine, that was what was intended

It is healthier to be mutton dressed as lamb, than mutton dressed as mutton!

Carole

How lovely to have all that land in a dark location with pretty good horizons. You are a lucky/clever thing Noel.

Carole