• Welcome to Orpington Astronomical Society.

News:

New version SMF 2.1.4 installed. You may need to clear cookies and login again...

Main Menu

Three Planets Montage

Started by MarkS, Jun 24, 2018, 00:47:10

Previous topic - Next topic

MarkS

Montage of 3 planets from Friday night (22 June 2018).

Taken using Altair GPCAM2 on Celestron C11 with x2 Barlow. Each planet used 3500 video frames of 20ms each. Processed in AutoStakkert!3 and Registax 5.1

Quality isn't brilliant because the seeing was very average and the planets are very low in the sky this year.

First to appear was Jupiter followed 3 hours later by Saturn, followed 2 hours later by Mars.  Also Mars is suffering a planet-wide dust storm at present which obscures detail.

Mark

MarkH

Carole

Excellent Mark, great job. 

Carole

The Thing

Very nice given the altitude the ecliptic is attaining this year. Did you use an ADC?

julian

MarkS

Quote from: The Thing
Very nice given the altitude the ecliptic is attaining this year. Did you use an ADC?

Absolutely!  I forgot to mention the all important ZWO ADC.  It makes a HUGE difference for low altitude planetary imaging. Excellent value for money in my opinion.

In addition FireCapture (which I also forgot to mention)  has an excellent mode for checking the ADC is correctly adjusted.

Mark

NoelC

Really nice Mark
I had a go at Jupiter the other night, but it was all just a big smudge bouncing around the frame.

Noel
Swapped telescopes for armchair.

Mac