• Welcome to Orpington Astronomical Society.

News:

New version SMF 2.1.4 installed. You may need to clear cookies and login again...

Main Menu

Lightning From Last Night

Started by ApophisAstros, Apr 22, 2018, 12:08:11

Previous topic - Next topic

ApophisAstros

Set up 2 cameras ; Canon 750d and 1000d on tripods looking out of dining room window and set a 30s plan at ISO 100 on both staggered as to cover sky continuously and was surprised i got as many as i did , mind you that was out of 720 shots on each camera!
I have tried to slightly adjust Red and a little brightness to bring out some fainter forks.
Roger

RedCat51,QHYCCD183,Atik460EX,EQ6-R.Tri-Band OSC,BaaderSII1,25" 4.5nm,Ha3.5nm,Oiii3.5nm.

Carole

Great shots Roger, particularly the last one.

Carole

MarkS

I wasn't aware of any lightning last night but thunderstorms rarely wake me up.

You some terrific shots there.   Nicely done!

Mark

ApophisAstros

Thanks Carole and Mark,
Roger
RedCat51,QHYCCD183,Atik460EX,EQ6-R.Tri-Band OSC,BaaderSII1,25" 4.5nm,Ha3.5nm,Oiii3.5nm.

Carole

I think I meant I liked the penultimate one best - this one:

ApophisAstros

Me too, that is now my background wallpaper on my laptop..
Roger

Hugh

Great pictures!  One of nature's marvels and so well captured.  Makes you realise that lightning is not just a quick flash and straight to ground.  And all in a fraction of a second.

Agree on your choice of 'Best Pic' as well.

Thanks

Hugh

The Thing

Fay

Great pictures Roger. good that you had some nice nights at Cairds.
Kelling was foggy a lot when we were there. a nice clear night the sunday before going home next day. Doug and rose will have had a good week up there
It is healthier to be mutton dressed as lamb, than mutton dressed as mutton!