• Welcome to Orpington Astronomical Society.

News:

New version SMF 2.1.4 installed. You may need to clear cookies and login again...

Main Menu

Pelican Nebula (Feature) IC5070

Started by Carole, Apr 22, 2018, 10:07:27

Previous topic - Next topic

Carole

My 5th and last image of the recent trip to Cairds.

This again was not on my imaging target list but it has been something I was planning to do.  Again it was something I managed to find when my mount was playing up.

13 x 900 Luminance
6 x 300 binned Oiii and Sii
Atik314L and 130 PDS
HEQ5

Total 4 hours 15 mins

ApophisAstros

RedCat51,QHYCCD183,Atik460EX,EQ6-R.Tri-Band OSC,BaaderSII1,25" 4.5nm,Ha3.5nm,Oiii3.5nm.

Carole

Thank you Roger.  Kind words but not always stunning.

Carole

MarkS

Another fine image Carole and processed very nicely.

I do think that your narrowband images are getting better and better each time.

This one and M16 are the two best images from the Cairds trip, with M81/82 coming closely behind.

Mark

Carole

Thanks very much Mark. 

I must say I find narrowband much easier to do, but as I can do very little broadband from home, I probably get more practice with it.  I can't even do some of the narrowband targets from home.

Carole

JohnP

For a mount that's playing up you are getting some very good images - this one almost has a 3D feel to it... Nice one - John

Carole

Thanks John.  It was the GOTOs and alignment that was playing up.  Once I found the target, it worked just fine.  But wasted a lot of time trying to find alignment stars and targets which was really frustrating.

Carole

Fay

You are a trouper Carole and deserve to get your good results!
It is healthier to be mutton dressed as lamb, than mutton dressed as mutton!

Carole

Thanks Fay, though its Tuesday now and I am only just starting to feel normal again after all those late nights.  Or I should say early mornings as we were up until 5.30am.

Carole

The Thing

I agree, your images are getting better and better. Lovely to look at.

Carole

Thank you Duncan, very kind.

Carole

Carole

This is a reply I got on another forum.
QuoteA very nice image of this Herbig-Haro object (I can see the jets shooting out from the snakes head).
I did not know about this, so this is something new I have learnt.

Carole

MarkS

Quote from: Carole
This is a reply I got on another forum.
QuoteA very nice image of this Herbig-Haro object (I can see the jets shooting out from the snakes head).
I did not know about this, so this is something new I have learnt.

Carole

Yes - the jets are definitely visible in your image!

Mark

Carole

Thanks Mark, yes I can see them now it has been pointed out, but I didn't even know what he was referring to as the "snakes head" at first, let alone know to looks for jets.

Carole

NoelC

Terrific Carole
(I just love the colour).
Noel
Swapped telescopes for armchair.