• Welcome to Orpington Astronomical Society.

News:

New version SMF 2.1.4 installed. You may need to clear cookies and login again...

Main Menu

UDSC 13 - 15th April

Started by Carole, Mar 30, 2018, 10:58:55

Previous topic - Next topic

Carole

This isn't in the OAS Calendar, but in the vain hope that the weather might play ball, is any-one up for an UDSC at Cairds this month?

I know Julian will be at Kelling.

Carole

ApophisAstros

Provisionally booked the pod in case of clear nights..
13\14\15th

Roger
RedCat51,QHYCCD183,Atik460EX,EQ6-R.Tri-Band OSC,BaaderSII1,25" 4.5nm,Ha3.5nm,Oiii3.5nm.

Carole

Am just checking with Pete about the state of the field, as the grass is still very soggy in the park where I walk the dog, so likely to be soggy at Cairds too.  Might only be suitable for two people in Cabins and cars not parked on the field.

Carole

Carole

I presume no-one else is interested in coming as no-one has replied, but just in case, the forecast has been very changeable, so there is a good chance we may not go at the weekend but might go on 16 - 17 & 18th next week.

Carole

Carole

I know this is not the weekend, but in case any-one is free and wants to join us, Roger Dave and I are planning on going to Cairds this week, Monday 16th - Friday 20th, Dave won't be there until Wednesday.

Carole

MarkS

Good luck!  The weather looks great and I think you have a good chance of some decent imaging.

Mark

Carole

Thanks Mark, the forecast keeps changing but hopefully we will get something.

Carole

MarkS

I did a quick imaging test run last night, after months of hiatus.

Result: everything still seems to be working and I haven't totally forgotten how to image :)

Mark

Carole

So long since l did anything l forgot to focus last night but realised after first sub.  Got about 1 hour and a half last night minus the PA, finding the target and forgettng to focus. 

Bit of a disaster for Roger, his guide camera seems to have stopped working.  Hoping Dave can bring a spare plus guidescope and fixings to help out.

Also think l have a mouse or something in the van. Woke me up twice when it jumped on my back.   :!

Carole

ApophisAstros

So much for a clear night ..this wa sabout 8 o'clock pm.
Roger
RedCat51,QHYCCD183,Atik460EX,EQ6-R.Tri-Band OSC,BaaderSII1,25" 4.5nm,Ha3.5nm,Oiii3.5nm.

MarkS

Same here.  But it might well clear ...

Mark

Carole

It finally cleared at about 10 pm. Imaging right now.  Hope it lasts.

MarkS

Here it was still cloudy at 11:30pm.  I went to bed :(

Mark

Carole

I packed away at 5.30am. Roger fell asleep and packed away an hour later. Carole

MarkS

Tonight's forecast is clear but the sky quality today has been poor.  I suspect it will be murky tonight.

Mark