• Welcome to Orpington Astronomical Society.

News:

New version SMF 2.1.4 installed. You may need to clear cookies and login again...

Main Menu

DSC 16 - 18th March

Started by Carole, Mar 07, 2018, 12:31:33

Previous topic - Next topic

Carole

Quotevery squelchy and wet
That reassures me we made the right decision.  It's so lovely today I can't believe all that horrid weather is coming tomorrow.

Carole

ApophisAstros

Chilly but lovely views at Cairds B&B.
Still waiting for the "Least" from the east....lol
Roger

RedCat51,QHYCCD183,Atik460EX,EQ6-R.Tri-Band OSC,BaaderSII1,25" 4.5nm,Ha3.5nm,Oiii3.5nm.

Carole

According to my forecast it will cloud up by 8pm and snow tomorrow evening with sub-zero temperatures.

Anyway, hope you manage to get something over the days you are there.

Carole

Carole

Well I think that was the right decision.   :cheesy:

Snow has come earlier than predicted.

Carole

ApophisAstros

Just took this with the Canon 1000d i got from Duncan through an open window with a 75-300 Canon zoom lens.
First time i have used it , going to try same arrangement tomorrow if any clear skies.
Roger
RedCat51,QHYCCD183,Atik460EX,EQ6-R.Tri-Band OSC,BaaderSII1,25" 4.5nm,Ha3.5nm,Oiii3.5nm.

Carole

Is it snowing there Roger, difficult to see from your photo, that's a nice shot of the Robin.

Still snowing in Bromley.

Carole

ApophisAstros

Only had about a centimeter this morning , none since then.
Most of it has gone now , drove out at 2 to get provisions , roads are fine so far.
Roger

Carole

People from SGL went to an Astro camp in Salisbury (including our Dave who comes to Cairds) and they are sitting in a field in thick snow.

How's it going Roger?

Carole

ApophisAstros

Snows thin on the ground but its about -2ish and colder in the wind during the day so if it clears tonight then the temperature will plummet further. Even the bird life seems to be taking cover from the cold as nothing about earlier when i took the binos out for a walk.
Roger

Carole

Can't believe it it is snowing again here.

Carole