• Welcome to Orpington Astronomical Society.

News:

New version SMF 2.1.4 installed. You may need to clear cookies and login again...

Main Menu

DSC 16 - 18th March

Started by Carole, Mar 07, 2018, 12:31:33

Previous topic - Next topic

Carole

I am waiting on Pete to let me know the condition of the field - he is taking the tractor on it today or tomorrow, but all being well, who would like to come?  As usual depending on the weather.

I already know about:
Roger (booked POD)
Rob in  Romahome
Myself in my campervan
Roland (new person from SGL/Woolwich) Cabin
Mark + tent
Julian (campervan)

Any-one else?

I will update as soon as I know about the condition of the field.

Carole

MarkS

Count me in.  Mark + tent.

Mark

Carole

Great Mark.

Not heard back from Pete yet about the ground condition, but he accepted a booking for the Cabin yesterday.  If I have not heard from him by tomorrow I will chase him.

Carole 

RafalK

Unfortunately I won't be able to join you all as I am recovering from the surgery  :unwell:.
Hopefully Rob will still be bringing his Romahome.

ApophisAstros

Looking at the weather  , it seems light rain on and off , if there is a enough of a quorum then may i suggest having perhaps an imaging/processing session or two I can offer the pod as a venue. For me i could do with some help with my StarAdventurer and Duncans Canon 1000d as its a different CCD than i am used to.
Roger
RedCat51,QHYCCD183,Atik460EX,EQ6-R.Tri-Band OSC,BaaderSII1,25" 4.5nm,Ha3.5nm,Oiii3.5nm.

Carole

Sorry to hear that Rafal, hope you will be better soon.

Carole

Carole

QuoteLooking at the weather  , it seems light rain on and off , if there is a enough of a quorum then may i suggest having perhaps an imaging/processing session or two I can offer the pod as a venue. For me i could do with some help with my StarAdventurer and Duncans Canon 1000d as its a different CCD than i am used to.
Roger

It is always difficult to predict weather forecasts too far in advance, but if there is no chance at all of getting some imaging done we won't go.  If we go and there are cloudy spells then we could perhaps have an imaging session, as you know most of our imaging members are only too happy to help learners provided they know about the kit you are suggesting.

Yes the POD would be an ideal place except for perhaps demonstrating the SA.

Will have to wait and see.

Still not had a reply from Pete and have chased him up by E mail.  Will have to ring him if no reply soon.

Carole

Carole

Pete has replied and says provided we don't get a load more rain before next weekend the field should be OK.

So will have to "play it by ear" same as the weather forecast.

Carole

Carole

Friday is looking hopeful, but there are two lots of rain forecast before next weekend, so we need to make sure the field will be OK.

Carole

ApophisAstros

I will go whatever just to have a break from Worthing!
Arrive Thurs morn leave Monday morning.
Roger
RedCat51,QHYCCD183,Atik460EX,EQ6-R.Tri-Band OSC,BaaderSII1,25" 4.5nm,Ha3.5nm,Oiii3.5nm.

Carole

Not looking very promising ATM for the weekend. 

We'll take a look on Weds/Thurs and make a decision.

Carole

julian

If the weather is ok, I will be going to :brolly:

Julian

Carole

I've added you to the list Julian, lets hope the forecast improves.

Carole

Carole

Can every-one make sure to look at this thread, to make sure DSC is still happening, before driving down to Cairds. 

I know Roger wants to go regardless.

Carole

MarkS

Quote from: Carole
Not looking very promising ATM for the weekend. 

We'll take a look on Weds/Thurs and make a decision.

Carole

My own garden is very wet and squelchy.  A week ago it did appear to be firming up but now, after the rain, it's reverted back to soft, muddy squelch :(

Mark