• Welcome to Orpington Astronomical Society.

News:

New version SMF 2.1.4 installed. You may need to clear cookies and login again...

Main Menu

Observing evening February 27th.

Started by doug, Feb 25, 2018, 09:25:05

Previous topic - Next topic

doug

With great sadness, he said, the next Observing evening on February 27th is cancelled, due to the onset of possible heavy snow showers in the area.

See you there in March.  Doug.
Always look on the bright side of life ...

The Thing

I was looking forward to that! There won't be any snow, it's all a load of tosh like most weather reports;)

doug

I have sent my Observing report to Rick for inclusion onto the Website, so members should be able to see it there. There are some very nice images on it, so do go and have a look. It would be too much to have two long reports for the March AGM meeting, hence putting it now onto the website.   

Cheers, Doug.
Always look on the bright side of life ...

Carole

You could still do the members images all in one hit in March Doug, can't imagine there will be that many.

Carole

The Thing

Quote from: Carole on Feb 25, 2018, 11:26:50
You could still do the members images all in one hit in March Doug, can't imagine there will be that many.

Carole

There should be loads with all these clear nights. Of course my gear is in France and I'm not so none from me...

MarkS

Quote from: The Thing
Quote from: Carole

Carole

There should be loads with all these clear nights. Of course my gear is in France and I'm not so none from me...

But the clear nights always coincide with moon or wind :(

Mark

Carole

QuoteI have sent my Observing report to Rick for inclusion onto the Website

Rick, any chance of putting the observing reports into a more obvious place like in one of the drop down menus, I always have to do a search to find it.

Thanks

Carole

Carole

Very good report Doug, a lot of work goes into that, and it was interesting to read about some of the items you highlighted.

Carole

Rick

Quote from: Carole on Feb 25, 2018, 20:42:12a more obvious place

Hmmm... It's not as if they're not linked anywhere...

They're almost always (unless there's been a sudden rush of other reports) in the side-bar on the front page under "Recent Reports" (a little way down). (This side-bar also appears on quite a few other pages.)

They're also at the very top of the side-bar on all the Observing pages under "Sky Notes".

I've added a page to the Observing sub-menu to take you there as well. Look for the "Sky Notes" entry. You'll find then there twice because, as it's an Observing page, they'll also be in it side-bar.

Carole

Thanks Rick, found it now.

Carole

MarkS

Quote from: The Thing
I was looking forward to that! There won't be any snow, it's all a load of tosh like most weather reports;)

You were saying?

Rick

Not too bad round here yesterday, though I think there was more snow over nearer Sevenoaks. This evening there was a little more snow earlier. Nothing like as much as December 2010 (when I did actually get snowed-in), though...

MarkS

Down here in Kent, we had 4 inches Monday night then another 1.5 inches Tuesday night. 

Mark

Hugh

Don't forget the -12C 'feels like' wind chill factor!

Rick

Yeah, the wind is quite unpleasant tonight. Yesterday evening I had quite a pleasant walk in the moonlight to Petts Wood.