• Welcome to Orpington Astronomical Society.

News:

New version SMF 2.1.4 installed. You may need to clear cookies and login again...

Main Menu

Monkey Head Nebulae

Started by Jim, Feb 23, 2018, 17:20:28

Previous topic - Next topic

Jim

Hello from deepest Devon. Finally managed to unpack all my Astronomy gear last week, relearn how to use it all and get a quick shot in before the clouds rolled in.
NGC2175
Monkey Head Nebulae
180s subs x 32
ha 6nm filter
QSI583 camera
127mm refractor

(Edit: BBCode rather than HTML needed here -- Rick)

MarkS

Great to hear from you Jim!

I'm glad you've finally got the scope out.  That's a fine first result!

Mark

JohnP

Nice Jim. Have to say that's one of your finest images ever. Great start. So are you now resident down Devon..?

Carole

Nice to see you imaging again Jim, hope life is treating you well down there, what are the skies like?

Good images, wow, lots of cosmic ray strikes!!

Carole

Jim

Thanks everyone, yes down here for good now, away from the madness that is London! Skies here are better than Orpington but still polluted as we are in the middle of town, so can't see the milky way.  But no Street lights on our road and none visible so no complaining. Hay Tor on Dartmoor is about 20 min drive away and is dark so plan on keeping my kit mobile and imaging up there. Hope you all are well, best regards

Rick

Aye, moving out of Orpington does have its attractions...

Good to see you imaging again.

doug

Well done Jim. Have put it onto my Observing Report for the next meeting. Very  nice image,may I say. We need some more imagers to put up their efforts onto the Forum; there are only a couple of members submitting their images at the moment.

Doug.
Always look on the bright side of life ...

Carole

Probably because no-one else is doing any imaging Doug.  I don't think any-one is imaging and keeping their results to themselves.

Carole

The Thing

Nice one Jim. The tor sounds a bit exposed though.