• Welcome to Orpington Astronomical Society.

News:

New version SMF 2.1.4 installed. You may need to clear cookies and login again...

Main Menu

Fish Head Nebula IC1795 NB

Started by Carole, Feb 15, 2018, 10:54:17

Previous topic - Next topic

Carole

I have always avoided imaging this target because of what it resembles lol, but am running out of suitable targets from home, and having seen a few nice renditions, I decided to just do it.

Was hoping for a 2nd night on this but the clouds didn't play ball, so thought I'd just see what I had got.

3 1/2 hours from Home.

Was hoping to get a second night on this but it didn't work out.
10 x 900secs Ha
5 x 300secs binned both Oiii and Sii
Skywatcher 130PDS, Atik460EX
HEQ5
Mapped SHO

images edited as stars were too red:

ApophisAstros

Lovely structure Carole , and colours,
Roger
RedCat51,QHYCCD183,Atik460EX,EQ6-R.Tri-Band OSC,BaaderSII1,25" 4.5nm,Ha3.5nm,Oiii3.5nm.

Carole

JohnP

interesting never seen or heard of this before...looks like whole fish not just the head... good pic

The Thing

Nice one Carole! You seem to be able to find theses unusual targets and do them justice!

Carole

thanks John
Quotelooks like whole fish not just the head
You're right, I wonder why they call it the fish head

Thanks Duncan
QuoteYou seem to be able to find theses unusual targets and do them justice!
It's being on other astro imaging sites like SGL (where there are lots of people), and Astrobin which could run into 100s or even 1000s of people from all over the world and that site is dedicated to imaging only.

I recently became a moderator as part of a panel of about 60 people who review and submit newly posted images into the Top Picks category and from there the IOTD is chosen by the judges.  So I get to see quite a lot of unusual images I have not seen before.

Carole

MarkS

Quote from: Carole
I have always avoided imaging this target because of what it resembles

What, you have something against fish?

It's a good image given your shooting conditions - I love the colours and I admire your tenacity.

Mark

Carole

QuoteWhat, you have something against fish?
Lol, we have had this conversation previously Ha ha.

Carole

Carole

I was looking at some-one else's image of the Fish Head and decided theirs was a much nicer colour, so I have changed mine and also did a bit of sharpening while I was at it.  I prefer this to my original and all the yucky red stars have gone.

doug

Have reposted the image Carole, as requested.

Doug
Always look on the bright side of life ...

Carole

The Thing

Carole

Thanks Duncan.  Sometimes I should really sit on an image for a few weeks before posting.   :cheesy:

Carole

Fay

Very good Carole, I have never heard of this on either!
It is healthier to be mutton dressed as lamb, than mutton dressed as mutton!

Carole

Thanks Fay.  It is part if the Heart Nebula.

Carole