• Welcome to Orpington Astronomical Society.

News:

New version SMF 2.1.4 installed. You may need to clear cookies and login again...

Main Menu

Observing evening dates - 2018

Started by doug, Dec 04, 2017, 11:18:05

Previous topic - Next topic

doug

Here is a list of the Observing Evening dates for 2018. They are, of course, on the OAS Calendar, but for those people who haven`t got one ..... Please note that for January, February and March, the Observing Evening is the DAY BEFORE the main meeting; this could not have been avoided. All Tuesday dates.

January 23rd ... February 27th ... March 27th ... April 17th ... May 15th ... June 12th

July 17th ... August 14th ... September 18th ... October 16th ... November 13th ... December 11th.

Hope y`all can make it to at least some of them,

Happy Christmas and a Starry New Year,

Doug.
Always look on the bright side of life ...

Rick

The main website has different dates, which I think came from the calendar.

If the ones above are the correct ones then I'll change the website, but it's too late for the calendar...

doug

The calendar dates are the same as on the Forum, or vice-versa.... Rick has been informed. If there are changes I will let everyone know.

Doug. 
Always look on the bright side of life ...

Rick

Dates on main website for first three months of 2018 adjusted to match the list above.

As the main website is the most likely place non-members will check, please check the dates there. They're listed on http://www.orpington-astronomy.org.uk/observing/

Carole

QuoteThe main website has different dates, which I think came from the calendar.

If the ones above are the correct ones then I'll change the website, but it's too late for the calendar...
The dates on the calendar match the ones stated above.

I checked my info page where I gathered information for the calendar Rick and somehow I have different dates for the first three months, I don't remember this changing but that must be the info I sent you. 

Anyway the good news is that the calendar dates are correct.

Carole

Rick

Excellent! They're now all the same!

Does bother me slightly that nobody else spotted the mis-match sooner, though. The main website is the place non-members are most likely to check first, especially if they find us via google (or similar) so it's important to keep it as accurate as possible.