• Welcome to Orpington Astronomical Society.

News:

New version SMF 2.1.4 installed. You may need to clear cookies and login again...

Main Menu

Introducing myself

Started by JohnH, Nov 28, 2017, 16:40:24

Previous topic - Next topic

JohnH

Hello everyone,

I have had a lifelong interest in astronomy which even included a GCSE 'O' Level in astronomy when I was a student (I am THAT old).

I bought a telescope LX90 about 10 years ago and became interested in Astrophotography so I bought a webcam for some planetary imaging - deep sky was too ambitious. Unfortunately after I had taken precisely 2 images the family encountered a succession of health problems and the hobby was shelved. I am now hoping to reengage and start thinking about some proper imaging.

I am very much looking forward to learning from more experienced members.

All the best to everyone, John
Sir Isaac Newton should have said, "If I have seen further than others it is by inventing my own telescope".

Carole

Welcome to the forum John.  If you are a member of OAS there are a number of imagers in the society if you are in need of help and advice, with a few imaging sessions through the year.

Welcome back to astronomy by the way.

Carole

ApophisAstros

Hi John,
I have been with OAS for about four years and began imaging in april this year and quite honestly could not have had better advise from colleagues in the Society all helping me get some great results.
Welcome to the club!
Roger
RedCat51,QHYCCD183,Atik460EX,EQ6-R.Tri-Band OSC,BaaderSII1,25" 4.5nm,Ha3.5nm,Oiii3.5nm.

doug

A warm welcome to the OAS John. There are many "imagers" in the Society who will be only too willing to lend a hand, and you will soon find them...

Looking forward to meeting up with you soon.

Doug.
Always look on the bright side of life ...

Hugh

Welcome JohnH

I'm not into astrophotography myself but I do enjoy looking at the pictures.  As you've seen from the replies so far, you will not want for any help to get you back into astroimaging.  Good luck!

Hugh

Rick

Hi John,

Apologies for the delay... I made the mistake of installing Firefox 57.0. You should now be aable to get at all ther O.A.S. parts of the forum, too.

Cheers,
Rick.