• Welcome to Orpington Astronomical Society.

News:

New version SMF 2.1.4 installed. You may need to clear cookies and login again...

Main Menu

M52 Open Cluster - Updated with both targets

Started by ApophisAstros, Nov 13, 2017, 14:46:41

Previous topic - Next topic

ApophisAstros

95 x 300 second subs (Almost 8 Hours!)
20 x Darks
20 x Flats
20 x Bias
stacked with DSS
Processed with Adobe Photoshop CC 64bit
7 1/2 Guiding with PHD2, cant believe it's so accurate!!

I think the few peaks maybe the gust of wind as it was 13mph at times.
Roger
RedCat51,QHYCCD183,Atik460EX,EQ6-R.Tri-Band OSC,BaaderSII1,25" 4.5nm,Ha3.5nm,Oiii3.5nm.

Carole

Wow, a lot of data there Roger.

Looking good.

Carole

MarkS

You've got some good data there.  8 hours!!  Where are you finding all these clear nights?

A star field like that is an ideal candidate on which to use Arcsinh Stretch to preserve the star colour.  Since you are using Photoshop, there's a description of how to do it here: https://www.cloudynights.com/topic/595610-photoshop-color-preserving-arcsinh-stretch/

Once you understand it, record an action for it and it will be really simple to use for future images.

Mark

ApophisAstros

Thanks Mark,
Re Arcsinh , i have already got those 10 - 1000 (plus others)loaded into the Curve presets.
Both images were in the same frame so got both on one night , i was mentioning to Carole that down here
we seemed to have a clear night on 3 consecutive sundays , a kind of 7 day cycle but cant work it out, just grateful for the few we get.
Roger
RedCat51,QHYCCD183,Atik460EX,EQ6-R.Tri-Band OSC,BaaderSII1,25" 4.5nm,Ha3.5nm,Oiii3.5nm.

JohnP

Roger - Are you going to process both the images as a single image if they were in same frame - John