• Welcome to Orpington Astronomical Society.

News:

New version SMF 2.1.4 installed. You may need to clear cookies and login again...

Main Menu

Seagull Nebula IC2177

Started by Carole, Oct 31, 2017, 15:22:01

Previous topic - Next topic

Carole

2nd of 3 images done at Cairds this weekend.

Couldn't start this until 2am then left the rig running and went to bed and set the alarm.  Got confused with the clocks going back and when I woke up it was already daylight - lol.  PHD had lost the star, ha ha. 
Only had to chuck away 3 subs done in daylight though = 1 Ha and one each of Oiii and Sii.  Still it was quite nice to pack away and be able to see what I was doing. 

WO ZS71 & Atik460EX = FR x 0.8
HEQ5

Ha 600 x 17 secs (2h 50m)
Oiii & Sii 150 secs binned x 9
total 3 hours 35 minutes

The Thing

Hi Carole, excellent again. From what I've read you shouldn't be able to image this from the UK, are you sure Cairds hasn't moved?. I'll have to see what I can get when the moon has stopped floodlighting sky, it'll be above the neighbours roof but hey ho, it's worth a go from the looks of it :) .

Carole

Thanks Duncan.  Well I am not one to follow rules, I give it a go and see for myself.  I thought it was reasonably high for much of the evening.  Such a beautiful sight in those clear skies, Orion climbing high (ish) followed by Sirius. 

The only target that has defeated my defiance of the rules so far is the Antares Region.  I gave that a go but the general opinion was right. 

You should easily be able to get it OK from where you are Duncan.

Carole

ApophisAstros

Spectacular Carol, lovely textures.
Should twin it with M16  :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
Roger
RedCat51,QHYCCD183,Atik460EX,EQ6-R.Tri-Band OSC,BaaderSII1,25" 4.5nm,Ha3.5nm,Oiii3.5nm.

Carole

Thanks Roger, ah yes M16, another low one.

Carole

MarkS

That's a beautiful result.  Well done!

Mark

Carole

Thank you Mark, been wanting to get this one for ages, but like M78 never in the right place at the right time.

Carole

MarkS

It really does look like a seagull!

Mark