• Welcome to Orpington Astronomical Society.

News:

New version SMF 2.1.4 installed. You may need to clear cookies and login again...

Main Menu

M103 NGC581 - Updated with uncropped image

Started by ApophisAstros, Oct 31, 2017, 12:02:45

Previous topic - Next topic

ApophisAstros

One of the farthest visible open star clusters at between 8000 to 9500 LYs , and the stars are a mere 15 LYs apart,

This is the uncropped and reprocessed in Adobe PS CC Version 19 that i have just acquired...looks impressive with many options.

Cant believe how well it guides....

Taken in Worthing on 30th October.
20 x 300s subs
20 x Flats
20 x Darks
20 x Bias
Dithered with APT and PHD2

Roger
RedCat51,QHYCCD183,Atik460EX,EQ6-R.Tri-Band OSC,BaaderSII1,25" 4.5nm,Ha3.5nm,Oiii3.5nm.

Carole

Nice image and star colour.

Carole

MarkS

That's a good looking cluster.

The stars look nice and round and their colour is looking good.

You seem to have everything working well.

Mark

ApophisAstros

Thanks Carole and Mark.
Roger
RedCat51,QHYCCD183,Atik460EX,EQ6-R.Tri-Band OSC,BaaderSII1,25" 4.5nm,Ha3.5nm,Oiii3.5nm.

The Thing

Looking good Roger, as said, nice colours and round stars. Open clusters and globulars are good to image if you have a bit of light pollution as around your neck of the woods. I think they are an underated target for DS imaging.

Your seeing wasn't very good, I normally get a virtually flat line for SNR/Star Mass unless contrails are blowing past. Mind you in Beckenham it was always all over the place. You may want to increase the guide exposure as this will smooth out the effects. I routinely use 3s and often 5s and let PHD choose the star. I now use the new Predictive PEC algorithm on my NEQ6 which is as I understand it is the Hysterisis algorithm with extras. After a guiding for a while the PPEC aspect starts to kick in and that mount error gets properly compensated for and the trace correspondingly smoother without having to record PEC info as EQMOD does it (which is also good).

ApophisAstros

Thanks Dunc,
Yes i have started playing with the guide exposure.
Roger