• Welcome to Orpington Astronomical Society.

News:

New version SMF 2.1.4 installed. You may need to clear cookies and login again...

Main Menu

M33 The Triangulum Galaxy 27-10-2017 Manche, France

Started by The Thing, Oct 29, 2017, 11:33:47

Previous topic - Next topic

The Thing

I think I've got the f4 scope collimated pretty well now and have sorted out the TS KomaKorr to CCD distance with some thin T spacers. This is a slight crop as there was a meridian flip in the middle and the frames didn't quite match despite the target being centred as before the flip. I hope my processing might be improving a bit as well.

72x300s (6hrs) @iso1600
Image date, time and location:   23:19 - 05:49 27-10-2017 Manche, France
Telescope aperture and focal ratio:   Teleskop Service TS1506UNC 6" f4, TS KomakorrF4
Camera and filters used:   Canon1100D defiltered, Astronomik UV/IR Cut Clip Filter
Processing applied:   Pixinsight BatchPreprocessing, PhotometricColorCalibration, Arcsinh Stretch, MSLinTrans, Gimp Levels, colour, noise and unsharp mask

JohnP

Blimey 6hrs - that's dedication - looks really nice - well done Dunc.  John

ApophisAstros

Nice to have that long to image, cool one,
Roger
RedCat51,QHYCCD183,Atik460EX,EQ6-R.Tri-Band OSC,BaaderSII1,25" 4.5nm,Ha3.5nm,Oiii3.5nm.

Carole

That's really nice Duncan. Your images are starting to look more like CCD camera images.  I guess it must be the new scope plus your improved processing skills.

Carole

MarkS

That's the way to do it - 6 hours with an F4 scope!

It's come out very well indeed.  Lots of colour, probably a bit too much for my taste but then again I suppose if you've got it, why not flaunt it!

Mark