• Welcome to Orpington Astronomical Society.

News:

New version SMF 2.1.4 installed. You may need to clear cookies and login again...

Main Menu

Cairds Fri 27th - Monday 30th

Started by Carole, Oct 25, 2017, 23:38:55

Previous topic - Next topic

Carole

Myself, Dave T and RayD are planning to go to Cairds on Friday and stopping to Monday, with clear skies forecast for Friday and Sunday.  We will have to put up with a first quarter Moon but better than nothing.

Just letting you know in case any-one wants to join us.

Carole

Carole

We've done one night, the skies were glorious last night, clear all night long - (even the forecast intermittent clouds did not arrive) I stayed up until 6am, I think that's a record even for me!!!

Ray D from Maidstone/SGL came last night, he's never done an astro camp before and was really bowled over and wants to come again.  Just Dave and I stopping until Monday morning except I had to come home today as Adrian and I had tickets for this evening, but I shall be going back tomorrow.  So Dave and his wife are there on their own tonight.

Such a shame this didn't coincide with last weeks DSC dates.

It was cold and very damp, but us astronomers are undeterred. 
Unfortunately the ground was soft and every-one (except Ray who had a 4 wheel drive) were having to be towed in and out by the tractor, including the two non astro guests. 

Carole