• Welcome to Orpington Astronomical Society.

News:

New version SMF 2.1.4 installed. You may need to clear cookies and login again...

Main Menu

Decisions decisions

Started by Carole, Oct 21, 2017, 19:41:38

Previous topic - Next topic

Carole

Been looking at the NEQ6 sitting in the POD and thinking how it hardly gets used these days preferring to image at DSC, especially since the trees have grown so much in nearby gardens so my FOV has shrunk, and the LP has got even worse.

I was also thinking that I am having to turn on the "expensive to run" dehumidifier all winter mainly because the NEQ6 is out there, while the HEQ5 stays in the van.

Thought about it for a couple of days, and decided I am not going to be buying a heavier scope than I already have so decided to sell the NEQ6 and just use the HEQ5 and put it on the mount when I decide to do some POD imaging, and now I have Polemaster it won't be such a pain to polar align each time.

Advertised it yesterday, and it was sold half an hour ago. 

So I just need to get a new pier adapter for the HEQ5.

Carole

The Thing

Hi Carole,

I wouldn't have worried about damp and the NEQ6. It's scopes and cameras i would be worried about. Too late now.

Carole

That too but l just felt it had become surplus to requirements as well so might as well sell it while ie was still worth selling and release some of my equity. Lol