• Welcome to Orpington Astronomical Society.

News:

New version SMF 2.1.4 installed. You may need to clear cookies and login again...

Main Menu

Meade 5" mak cass scope.

Started by doug, Dec 29, 2017, 09:36:22

Previous topic - Next topic

doug

I want to sell my Meade 5" MakCass scope, which has been de-mounted from the original fork mount and now has a dovetail strapped onto it. I originally got this scope from Mick Welham ... through a friend ... and it`s now rather surplus to requirements as I now have the Celestron Nexstar 5SE. It works very well on a Skywatcher mount; the dovetails fits my Skywatcher  curved SynScan mount very well and it quite useable with this set-up.

If there is  anybody who may be interested, please send me a message or email me on:- hopkinsd2@gmail.com. The reason for the sale is I want to purchase another bit of Celestron kit .... and it`s bit expensive. I am not asking a lot of money for the scope, just contact me and we can chat.

Thanks, Doug.
Always look on the bright side of life ...

Carole

Is this the same as an ETX 125 Doug, if so might be interested, as I previously had one and sold it.  I would use it for planetary imaging.

I replaced it with an ETX105 (which I have yet to use), but the ETX 125 would be a better size. 

Carole

doug

It's very like it's smaller brother ... it's the Meade tbat Mick Welham used. Tony Gaynor sold it to me and it cost £100 then but I will let it go slightly cheaper than that.  Let me know. Doug.
Always look on the bright side of life ...