• Welcome to Orpington Astronomical Society.

News:

New version SMF 2.1.4 installed. You may need to clear cookies and login again...

Main Menu

Monarch Airlines

Started by Carole, Oct 02, 2017, 10:48:13

Previous topic - Next topic

Carole

I am sure most of you will have heard on the news that Monarch has gone into liquidation.

We went to our friends Del and Eve in Spain in June by Monarch Airlines, and they have been staying with us since last week for attending hospital appointments at London Hospitals for some historical problems. 

Eve re-booked and delayed her flight home about a week ago because of an extra unexpected appointment she has to attend today and Del went home by Monarch yesterday late afternoon - we weren't sure if it would happen because the situation was being reviewed 40 minutes before his flight was due to leave. 

Hmmm, Eve might be with us longer than planned !!!

Carole

ApophisAstros

According to the news , as long as you are booked to fly in the next two weeks you will be flown back by the insurers / abta.
Roger
RedCat51,QHYCCD183,Atik460EX,EQ6-R.Tri-Band OSC,BaaderSII1,25" 4.5nm,Ha3.5nm,Oiii3.5nm.

Carole

I think that is with regards to all the people living in the UK who are currently abroad.  My friend is British but living in Spain, so is stranded in the UK. 

Have tried to find out more info but seems she is not covered by Atol or ABTA as she booked direct with the airline, flight only.

She's re-booked for next Monday now with another airline, but all the prices have shot up.  Also she needs to return the hire car to Gatwick today as it would be too expensive to keep until next Monday.  I'll be taking her to Stanstead on Monday instead.  All a bit of a pain. 

She's going to try to get her money back through her card.

Carole