• Welcome to Orpington Astronomical Society.

News:

New version SMF 2.1.4 installed. You may need to clear cookies and login again...

Main Menu

M33 - a rough draft...

Started by NoelC, Sep 15, 2017, 14:16:00

Previous topic - Next topic

NoelC

At last an image; well a noisy semblance of one at any rate:

(https://www.flickr.com/photos/151435098@N02/37050592476)
About 10 subs Ha, 15 Oiii & 26 Luminance all taken at 300 seconds exposure on Atik One 6 (2X2 binned).
After much mucking about and replacing nearly all my kit I got some data in August and have attempted to put it together in PI.

My first attempt at narrow banding which produced low levels of exposure on Ha and slightly better on Oiii, processed in Pixinsight deconvolving in an attempt to reduce the diagonal stretch on the stars. The L data was slightly better, this has however produced a rather noisy image.  Obviously longer exposure required on Ha and Oiii.  Any other suggestions gladly received.
Swapped telescopes for armchair.

ApophisAstros

Cool Noel,
Especially the spiky stars they're great.
Roger
RedCat51,QHYCCD183,Atik460EX,EQ6-R.Tri-Band OSC,BaaderSII1,25" 4.5nm,Ha3.5nm,Oiii3.5nm.

MarkS

It's looking good!  One of my favourite galaxies.

A galaxy makes an unusual subject for a narrowband image.

Mark

Carole

I hadn't seen this post before I came over today Noel.  It might have added to our discussion this evening.

It's looking good so far, nice round stars to the corners.

I would say this target needs to be really HaLRGB, as Mark says galaxies are not really narrowband targets except for showing up detail in the intergalactical nebulae.

Don't bin Ha or Lum data as you need this for the detail. 
Ha probably 10 minutes or more, Luminance 10mins both unbinned.   You can probably get away with shorter RGB or bin the RGB but then you'll have to re-size the RGB to match the Lum.

HTH

Carole

Kenny

NoelC

Thank you all very much (your too kind).

Will try to do better next time...
Swapped telescopes for armchair.