• Welcome to Orpington Astronomical Society.

News:

New version SMF 2.1.4 installed. You may need to clear cookies and login again...

Main Menu

Kelling cock up with bookings

Started by Carole, Aug 31, 2017, 13:03:57

Previous topic - Next topic

Carole

OMG, by chance I rang Kelling today to confirm I now had a Caravan booked and could I come a day earlier. 

This is the majority of the E mail I have just sent them to confirm the telephone conversation (I have put initials for names):

Dear Kelling Heath

This is to confirm a telephone conversation I had today with B (receptionist) regarding my original booking for 21 - 25th September.  Reference 195451

There has been a massive mix up due to me selling my April pitch to David L when I fractured my knee (this E Mail copied to David L).  Somehow your system over-rode my September booking and put David's name down as owning the booking for my September pitch as well - number 366.  I stated that I had only sold David my April pitch and B (Receptionist at kelling) put the booking back into my name.  I added an extra day and paid for it. (now arriving on Wednesday 20th). 

I then contacted David L to make sure he didn't think he was on pitch 366 and whilst he didn't have his paperwork with him he thought he was on pitch 361. 

B (from Kelling) then sent me an E mail confirmation, but when I checked that - whilst the dates were right I had been allocated the pitch that David L thought he had (361) and not my original pitch 366 (where I have asked the Caravan to be delivered).

So I telephoned again and Bethan said that I was indeed on pitch 361 (so how did that happen?) and David Liaromatis was on pitch 353 (I wonder if he knows).

So I hope this is now all in order, B (Kelling) tells me this is definite.  It's difficult enough to get a pitch for the September star party, a lot of packing and distance to travel, plus expense of booking a Caravan, so I sincerely hope this is not going to escalate any further as I can't understand why it should have happened in the first place, and what happened to pitch 366?

I am putting all this in writing to you and will be keeping a record for when I arrive in September.

Thanks

JohnP

Carole

How did you guess, have you have similar dealings?

JohnP

:lol: :lol: :lol:

QuoteSo I telephoned again and Bethan said that I was indeed on pitch 361

Carole

Whoops, was trying to keep it all confidential.

Carole

Well that's not the end of the story, because David rang Kelling and they told him he was on pitch 361 which they have allocated to me.  So I had to ring Kelling again and ask them to sort out the mess, and to E Mail both me and David at the same time to clarify the situation.

Upshot. I am 361 and David is 353 except no-one has ever told him. 

Lets hope no more goes wrong.

Carole

MarkS

Quote from: Carole
I am 361 and David is 353 except no-one has ever told him. 

Does that mean 366 is free?  I need a pitch ...

Well done on getting invited to do a talk!

Mark

JohnP

....its cause Carole is best mates with Bethan...

Carole

Unfortunately not Mark, they sold that pitch.  I could have turned up expecting to go on there, the caravan people would have expected me to be on there and found at the last minute I was allocated a different pitch which David would have turned up to.  Or even worse, David could have been oblivious and already pitched on 361 when I turned up, I or the Caravan could have gone on the wrong pitch and some-one else turned up. 

It was a right mess.  They reckon they sent me an E Mail two days after my booking changing me to 361, so why then did David have an E mail allocating him with that pitch, unless they thought he had taken over my booking like in April (which they did say was a possibility, so where does the 353 pitch come from that David is booked on now?

Mark it might be worth checking with Kelling to see if there are any cancellations, advertise on UKABS as people often want to sell pitches nearer the time.  Or even check on UKABS to see if any are being sold. Then try to sell your pitch. 

I could also try LAS the organisers as I have an E mail address for one of them due to being booked for the talk.  Let me know if you want me to ask.

Carole