• Welcome to Orpington Astronomical Society.

News:

New version SMF 2.1.4 installed. You may need to clear cookies and login again...

Main Menu

Kelling Heath Sept 2017

Started by Carole, Aug 31, 2017, 11:02:02

Previous topic - Next topic

Carole

So who is going?

I am booked pitch 366 (see below).  Having a caravan this time as I wasn't sure earlier in the year if the sleeping arrangements in the van was causing my (then thought) Bursitis, and I thought if I delayed the caravans might all get booked up.  In the meantime I have a friend who couldn't get a pitch sharing it with me.  Had a panic on today as I rang Kelling to book an extra night (so I can be there in time for the Caravan) and they told me some-one else had my pitch !!!!!  What?  It turns out when I sold my April pitch they transferred both bookings to the same person.  Anyway they have put it back in my name now.

Also I need to confess I have been booked to do a talk on the Saturday on Imaging.  I was asked last year too, but did not feel confident to talk to my peers who know more than me anyway.  So when I was asked again I said I would do it only if it was aimed at complete beginners so I don't have to be too technical.  So don't be surprised to see my name on the talks list. 

Carole

Scrap my pitch number and see this thread:
http://forum.orpington-astronomy.org.uk/index.php?topic=11148.msg81113;topicseen#msg81113

Sue

We have pitch 326 from Monday 18th for a week, in our tent.

Well done for stepping up to do a talk this year Carole.

Sue and Roy.

Carole

Well after several phone calls and E Mails to Kelling it appears due to their stupid system I am on pitch 361 after all. 

Carole