• Welcome to Orpington Astronomical Society.

News:

New version SMF 2.1.4 installed. You may need to clear cookies and login again...

Main Menu

M45 Pleiades Open Star Cluster *Updated

Started by ApophisAstros, Aug 31, 2017, 02:11:44

Previous topic - Next topic

ApophisAstros

At Cairds on Sat night.
14 x Lights Dithered 5 minutes each
16 x Flats
16 x Bias

More nebulosity in this one..
Roger

RedCat51,QHYCCD183,Atik460EX,EQ6-R.Tri-Band OSC,BaaderSII1,25" 4.5nm,Ha3.5nm,Oiii3.5nm.

Carole

Some nice data there Roger.  You can get a bit more nebulosity in curves (anchor down the stars so you don't stretch them), and then go into selective colour and play with the sliders in blue to increase the blue nebulosity.

Well done. Very nice image. 

One more thing, in general, can I suggest you concentrate on getting more data on each target rather than jumping around getting small amounts of data in lots of different ones.  You'll find the results will be much more satisfactory.

I can see the application of decent flats has also made a difference.  For your own interest, try stacking this image again without using flats and see how difficult it is to process without. 

Carole

MarkS

That's looking really good.  What length exposures did you take?

If you take a few hour's worth of data this could be a really good image.  You've got the whole Winter to add more  ;)

Mark

ApophisAstros

RedCat51,QHYCCD183,Atik460EX,EQ6-R.Tri-Band OSC,BaaderSII1,25" 4.5nm,Ha3.5nm,Oiii3.5nm.

NoelC

Its very good Roger!
I am amazed at how much nebulosity you've brought out.
You must have been up late to get this one.

Noel
Swapped telescopes for armchair.

Carole

You must be very chuffed with this Roger.

Carole

ApophisAstros

Yes . Well pleased its funny that i spotted it with my eyes at Cairds, it was like it was saying "IMAGE ME".
Roger

Carole

It's a good one for a beginner.  As is Orion nebula, Rosette Nebula and Horsehead when they come into view.  But you'll need advice on Orion because of the bright core.

Carole

Kenny

Well done Roger, that's bloody amazing!

ApophisAstros