• Welcome to Orpington Astronomical Society.

News:

New version SMF 2.1.4 installed. You may need to clear cookies and login again...

Main Menu

IC 59 and IC 63 in Cassiopeia

Started by ApophisAstros, Aug 28, 2017, 15:59:13

Previous topic - Next topic

ApophisAstros

Gamma Cassiopeiae (γ Cas, γ Cassiopeiae) is the star at the center of the distinctive "W" asterism in the northern circumpolar constellation of Cassiopeia.
40 x 5 Minute Subs Dithered.
16 x Flats.
16 x Bias.
DSS.
Photoshop.
Roger

RedCat51,QHYCCD183,Atik460EX,EQ6-R.Tri-Band OSC,BaaderSII1,25" 4.5nm,Ha3.5nm,Oiii3.5nm.

JohnP

Very nice - one of my favorite objects & difficult to capture - John

Carole

You've controlled the bright star well and the stars in this image are better processed than the ones in NGC7822.  Try to remember what you did differently. 

It does look a bit to me like this has been done with a non modified DSLR which I know is not the case, and come out rather blue.  I am not sure how much data you can capture with a regular DSLR but you have done very well.

Carole

The Thing

Leaps and bounds, going for the difficult ones now ;) The extra subs show in the lower noise and greater signal on the faint stuff - more is good!

ApophisAstros

Thanks everyone , on that blue Carol ,I've read up on this target and there is a massive blue star out of frame that casts that colour  over the area.hence the blue nebula.
Roger
RedCat51,QHYCCD183,Atik460EX,EQ6-R.Tri-Band OSC,BaaderSII1,25" 4.5nm,Ha3.5nm,Oiii3.5nm.

Fay

It is healthier to be mutton dressed as lamb, than mutton dressed as mutton!

MarkS

You've done a good job of processing that one. 

Another really tough target :)

Mark

ApophisAstros

Yes i think its my new favorite with M16 as a close second, since dithering and obviously proper flats i have had much better results
Thanks for all comments,
Roger