• Welcome to Orpington Astronomical Society.

News:

New version SMF 2.1.4 installed. You may need to clear cookies and login again...

Main Menu

NGC7822 Nebula

Started by ApophisAstros, Aug 28, 2017, 14:17:19

Previous topic - Next topic

ApophisAstros

Done at DSC on Friday , wonderful views with Milky Way taking pride of place.
27 x 5 Minute Subs Dithered.
16 x Flats.
16 Bias.

DSS and Photoshop.
APT and Phd2 with dithering for the first time, once i got them talking it seemed to go smoothly.
Roger
RedCat51,QHYCCD183,Atik460EX,EQ6-R.Tri-Band OSC,BaaderSII1,25" 4.5nm,Ha3.5nm,Oiii3.5nm.

Fay

You are persevering. i setup the other night, but it was not a good sky, I was a bit rusty as well!!

Fay
It is healthier to be mutton dressed as lamb, than mutton dressed as mutton!

MarkS

Well done!

It's great that you've got dithering to work.

That target is not an easy one (why are you concentrating on difficult targets?) but you've captured a good amount of nebulosity.

Mark

ApophisAstros

Thanks all, and answering your question Mark,i think i like making it difficult for myself!! :lol:
Roger
RedCat51,QHYCCD183,Atik460EX,EQ6-R.Tri-Band OSC,BaaderSII1,25" 4.5nm,Ha3.5nm,Oiii3.5nm.

Carole

Looking great Roger, glad we got your flats sorted for you at the weekend, I am sure you will find processing easier with good flats. 

You are coming on in leaps and bounds, just be careful not to overstretch the stars.

Carole

The Thing

Your doing really well Roger, I'm impressed. Long Live DSC's! APT and PHD2 are a great combination.

ApophisAstros

Thanks all, really enjoying the ride.....
Roger