• Welcome to Orpington Astronomical Society.

News:

New version SMF 2.1.4 installed. You may need to clear cookies and login again...

Main Menu

Imaging Session - August 25th

Started by Roy, Aug 09, 2017, 20:58:39

Previous topic - Next topic

Roy

Just a reminder that I am hosting the August Imaging Session which is on Friday 25 August starting at 8:00 pm. If you are interested in coming please send a message through the Forum to me a few days in advance so I can provide details of where I live - I'll say now parking round here is not good in the evenings. Regards

Roy

Carole

Unfortunately the date clashes with DSC

ApophisAstros

Hi Roy ,
I would be available to come , but i`m booked into Cairds for the DSC weekend.
Roger
RedCat51,QHYCCD183,Atik460EX,EQ6-R.Tri-Band OSC,BaaderSII1,25" 4.5nm,Ha3.5nm,Oiii3.5nm.

NoelC

Hi Roy
I'm intending to come.

Noel
Swapped telescopes for armchair.

Carole

Sorry to hijack this thread but l thought while we have the attention of members interested in imaging sessions.  I think what might be useful when l have an imaging session at a later date is to run through obtaining good flats.

Carole

NoelC

Thank you and Sue very much for hosting the imaging session Roy.
I found it very helpful. Following your polar alignment demo I had another go by eye (nowhere near as accurate) when I got a couple of hours on my new mount last night which showed 0.5" RMS improvement in tracking.  On 1 second exposure it was going bonkers, settled on 3. 
What does dither do? - I mean I know it wobbles the tracking position about, but how does it know when to do it, and what's the effect on guiding?

Thank Sue very much for the cookies!

Noel
Swapped telescopes for armchair.

ApophisAstros

Hi Noel,
Ive just started dithering with APT and PHD2 , as far as i can make out no effect on guiding although guiding pauses for the few seconds that dithering takes place , APT tells it to pause . As far as i know the mount is moved off target by APT at end of each image in a Light plan by a pixel or 2 depending on settings and so no need for DARKS.
Roger
RedCat51,QHYCCD183,Atik460EX,EQ6-R.Tri-Band OSC,BaaderSII1,25" 4.5nm,Ha3.5nm,Oiii3.5nm.