• Welcome to Orpington Astronomical Society.

News:

New version SMF 2.1.4 installed. You may need to clear cookies and login again...

Main Menu

NGC6960 -Veil Nebula From Worthing

Started by ApophisAstros, Aug 01, 2017, 21:47:29

Previous topic - Next topic

ApophisAstros

12 x 300 second subs 5 x darks 5 x flats 5 x bias
1st August 2017
Processed with DSS, Photoshop CS2 with Google Nik software plugins attached to it.
Roger
RedCat51,QHYCCD183,Atik460EX,EQ6-R.Tri-Band OSC,BaaderSII1,25" 4.5nm,Ha3.5nm,Oiii3.5nm.

doug

Very good, Roger.  As a non-imager your images are improving all the time. Keep it up. As the song goes ... It`s getting better ......

Doug.
Always look on the bright side of life ...

Carole

I've already replied on another forum.

Carole

NoelC

Swapped telescopes for armchair.

The Thing

Really good Roger, much better than my first attempt.

My only comment would be to get more data to reduce the noise in the background and provide more signal for the nebula, more is good! I only really took that message on board after years of thinking a few subs should be enough :(

ApophisAstros

Thanks all,
Comments appreciated.
Roger
RedCat51,QHYCCD183,Atik460EX,EQ6-R.Tri-Band OSC,BaaderSII1,25" 4.5nm,Ha3.5nm,Oiii3.5nm.

MarkS

That's a great start on the Witch's Broom.  The colours are looking good.  It needs some more data, as Duncan said.

The stars seem to have some weird circular artifacts within them - I'm not sure why that should be.

Mark

The Thing

Artifacts probably DSS cosmetic hot and cold pixel correction! Turn it off! Carole put me onto it a couple of years ago. Thanks Carole.

ApophisAstros

I had already run DSS with this off.
Dont think i do flats properly though so ive got to refine this.
Roger

Carole

I think it's just a question of Roger learning to refine post processing, I did his first post-processing session with him on his previous image and this is the first one he has done on his own.  He's probably overstretched the stars in some way.  I have a suspicion it's something to do with the curve in Curves.

Carole

ApophisAstros

I think your right Carole , i might try from scratch , heeding your advise.
Roger

Kenny

Ooooooooh. Lovely! Well done Roger.