• Welcome to Orpington Astronomical Society.

News:

New version SMF 2.1.4 installed. You may need to clear cookies and login again...

Main Menu

NGC 7654, Bubble nebula NGC 7635 and The star 4Cas

Started by ApophisAstros, Jul 02, 2017, 22:10:52

Previous topic - Next topic

ApophisAstros

First three target image.

First post on Astrobin hope it works ok!
Target was NGC7654 , but caught The Bubble Nebula and Star 4CAS,
ISO800.
21 x 180 Seconds Subs.
Taken on 18/06/2017.
Stacked with Astro Pixel Processor  No Darks No Flats No Bias.
Processed with Photoshop and Faststone Viewer.
I`m aware of the bright area around NGC7654 but if i clear this it makes the Bubble Nebula hardly noticable.
Roger

RedCat51,QHYCCD183,Atik460EX,EQ6-R.Tri-Band OSC,BaaderSII1,25" 4.5nm,Ha3.5nm,Oiii3.5nm.

Carole

Stars are nice and round, I guess you weren't intending to capture a DSO and thus the 180 sec subs.  However if you want to get a DS object you really need 5 min subs. 

Also why no calibration frames? 

Carole

ApophisAstros

RedCat51,QHYCCD183,Atik460EX,EQ6-R.Tri-Band OSC,BaaderSII1,25" 4.5nm,Ha3.5nm,Oiii3.5nm.

Fay

Ha ha, Carole will sort you out and keep you on the straight and narrow!!

well done for having a good try, you are doing well!

Fay
It is healthier to be mutton dressed as lamb, than mutton dressed as mutton!

MarkS

The black background is too clipped but otherwise a good image.  Summer's not over and you have Autumn and Winter to look forward too.  Let's hope it's a good one!

Mark

Carole

QuoteHa ha, Carole will sort you out and keep you on the straight and narrow!!

well done for having a good try, you are doing well!
I am going to give Roger a processing session at the next DSC, but he'll have to bring some data with him to process.  It's all leaning that we probably all went through at the beginning, but as Fay says you are doing well, Rome wasn't built in a day.

QuoteThe black background is too clipped
Mark is right, another thing to avoid.  Don't be tempted to make the sky too black. 

Carole

ApophisAstros

Thanks Fay,Carole and Mark , i`m really enjoying the experience!
Roger

Carole

Roger, have you got Photoshop, or I will be sunk without it?

I don't do Pixinsight and I tried GIMP while I was on holiday as I didn't have PS on my mini laptop and could not get it to do anything useful.

Carole

ApophisAstros

I was the same with Gimp , i have Adobe Photoshop CS2 version 9 , the free one from a couple of years ago.
Roger

Carole