• Welcome to Orpington Astronomical Society.

News:

New version SMF 2.1.4 installed. You may need to clear cookies and login again...

Main Menu

M81, M82 and IFN

Started by MarkS, Jun 27, 2017, 20:40:07

Previous topic - Next topic

MarkS

Seeing today's APOD (https://apod.nasa.gov/apod/ap170627.html) has reminded me that I haven't posted one of the images I took in France.

It's the usual Sony A7S on the Tak Epsilon. 4 hours of data in 30sec subs at ISO 10000.

Larger version here:
http://www.markshelley.co.uk/Astronomy/2017/M81M82IFN_20170525.jpg

I'm pretty pleased that in the lower left of the image, the brown dust colour is definitely beginning to show.  You won't find that in the average LRGB image of the same area. 

Mark

Carole

Lovely image Mark, lots of dust showing.  You certainly seem to have found ways around the problems with that camera.

I have to say though I am sure I have seen this image before, or was it a previous attempt at this area?
Hopefully Doug will pick this up in time for tomorrow's meeting. 

Carole

MarkS

Quote from: Carole
I have to say though I am sure I have seen this image before, or was it a previous attempt at this area?

I posted it on SGL and forgot to post it here :)

Mark

Hugh

Hi Mark and Carole

A great pic Mark!  Doug is away and I'm doing the presentation this evening (supplied by Doug).  As this month's PoTM has been selected and this could be a candidate I'll leave it to Doug to make a choice for the July Society Meeting.

Best

Hugh

Carole

Yes I saw that on SGL, congratulations Mark.  A great image.

Carole

JohnP

Not surprised..  it's a top image... well done.

The Thing

Amazing Mark, well done on the competition! Incredible depth and even rendering of the IFN across the field of view.

BTW reminded me I have 150x300s of this area to process! That's 300s not 30s ;(

Fay

well done Mark, great image!!

Fay
It is healthier to be mutton dressed as lamb, than mutton dressed as mutton!

Kenny

Fantastic image Mark and well done on winning the competition. Very well deserved.

MarkH

Congratulations Mark great image

MarkS

Thanks Mark, Kenny, Fay, Duncan, John and Carole.

Mark