• Welcome to Orpington Astronomical Society.

News:

New version SMF 2.1.4 installed. You may need to clear cookies and login again...

Main Menu

M101 - Pinwheel Galaxy

Started by ApophisAstros, Jun 15, 2017, 12:47:22

Previous topic - Next topic

ApophisAstros

This was by far my best nights imaging , untill that awful whispy cloud started interfering and ended imaging half way through.
Found my target after 20 mins and left imaging at 300s Subs x 15 lights 5x Darks 5 x Flats , i had setup for 50 x Subs!
Roger

RedCat51,QHYCCD183,Atik460EX,EQ6-R.Tri-Band OSC,BaaderSII1,25" 4.5nm,Ha3.5nm,Oiii3.5nm.

Carole

No stopping you now Roger.

Carole

ApophisAstros

I still am not sure which order to process images with whatever program , there are so many and so many settings. Like everything just learn by doing I suppose. When I'm better I can still go back to the old data.
Thanks Carole, how are your skies?
Roger
RedCat51,QHYCCD183,Atik460EX,EQ6-R.Tri-Band OSC,BaaderSII1,25" 4.5nm,Ha3.5nm,Oiii3.5nm.

Carole

M101 is not an easy target in my experience.  If you are using Photoshop l always do levels first then curves. Don't stretch past the histogram, and do it a little at a time.  There are some basic instructions on my website. 

Skies here nice and clear but not particularly dark, also lots of stray lights, have managed to block out the worst ones with screens.  I hate.camera lens Imaging.  Carole

Carole

Also hate typing on a smartphone. I wish it wouldn't try to guess what l want to say. Carol