• Welcome to Orpington Astronomical Society.

News:

New version SMF 2.1.4 installed. You may need to clear cookies and login again...

Main Menu

Solar Image With A Baader Filter

Started by ApophisAstros, May 21, 2017, 20:42:17

Previous topic - Next topic

ApophisAstros

http://gallery.orpington-astronomy.org.uk/albums/userpics/10062/Single__0149_ISO200_1-2000s__41Cresized.jpg
First time with Eqmod aswell connected to laptop. Stellarium mostly. Tracking was spot on with a few fine adjustments.
One single shot , 1/2000sec ,ISO 200
It shows todays two sunspots around the centre if you zoom in , 2656 and 2658 according to this from Spacewether.com

Roger

Skywatcher EVOSTAR-120ED DS-PRO120MM (4.75") F/900 ED APOCHROMATIC REFRACTOR  with .8 x FOCAL REDUCER
Canon EOS 750D Baader Modified for daylight and astronomical use. 24.2MP CMOS sensor DIGIC6 processor New development of 7560 pixel RGB + IR photometry sensor AF 19 points Hybrid CMOS AF III Dynamic tracking continuous shooting in live view

RedCat51,QHYCCD183,Atik460EX,EQ6-R.Tri-Band OSC,BaaderSII1,25" 4.5nm,Ha3.5nm,Oiii3.5nm.

Carole

doug

Your photo`s are too big to go onto my OAS report, Roger. Try and make them smaller; it makes it easier to copy and paste them into the panes.

Doug.
Always look on the bright side of life ...

Carole

Doug, click on the "too big image" and it will come up with a box around it.  Take one corner of the box and drag it towards the opposite corner in stages.  Eventually the image should fit the slide.

Carole

Rick

Quote from: doug on May 22, 2017, 10:04:06Try and make them smaller; it makes it easier to copy and paste them into the panes.

I hadn't noticed before that it was on the O.A.S. Gallery, or I'd have pointed out that the gallery makes a suitably-sized smaller image automatically. Just look for the image with a filename beginning "normal_". It's the one you see wheh you look at the gallery page for the image with its details, and it's a good size for linking in the forum, too.