• Welcome to Orpington Astronomical Society.

News:

New version SMF 2.1.4 installed. You may need to clear cookies and login again...

Main Menu

Up coming DSCs

Started by Carole, May 17, 2017, 15:48:25

Previous topic - Next topic

Carole

The weekend coming up 19/20 May is cancelled as the forecast is not great and I was the only one going anyway. 

The next DSC is on 21/22/23 July

I have decided to add an extra DSC in August as my holiday plans have changed for 26/27 August.  This is a bank holiday weekend but if we can find a site (Cairds will probably be busy) and if people want to come it will be worth doing, the Moon is a few days old but sinks before it gets dark.  Maybe if we get a volunteer we could have a communal meal like we used to or barbecue. 

Please can you all state in this thread if you can attend either of the above dates.

Carole

Mike

Petra and I are free the weekend of 26/27 August Carole so we will be attending that date. It's been ages since we have been to an DSC (mainly as they keep getting cancelled plus a lot of dates have clashed with other stuff).

See you there!

We live in a society exquisitely dependent on science and technology, in which hardly anyone knows anything about science and technology. Carl Sagan

Carole

Will be great to see you Mike and Petra.

Carole

Carole

Ray from SGL forum (Maidstone area) is interested in both dates.

Carole

Carole

I spoke to Pete the owner and he says if we want to make a definite booking he is happy for us to go to Cairds in August (and as you know it is a bank holiday weekend) , but I think we will have to pay for the pitches if we don't go.  I will however ask him if he manages to re-sell them at the last minute if we can be excused payment.

I personally am willing to take a £24 gamble to get a good site, but any-one going needs to make up their mind and book a.s.a.p.  I leave it in your hands.

Pete and Sue
Tel: 07765 363546  or  01435 883442
Tell them you are with the Astro group as we get a discount.

Dates are 25/26/27 August (overnight 25/26).  As usual if the skies are clear I may extend the period if available.

Same applies to the July dates but I didn't remember what they were so did not ask him if he could accommodate us.

Carole

Carole

I am off on holiday next week, so am reminding you now, if you want to go to DSC at Cairds in July and August, please book the dates in advance, (this means you are obliged to pay for the site if we don't go - only applies peak season).

21/22/23 July  (3 of us booked so far)
26/27 August  (2 booked plus Mike says he wants to go but not sure if he has booked yet).

Carole