• Welcome to Orpington Astronomical Society.

News:

New version SMF 2.1.4 installed. You may need to clear cookies and login again...

Main Menu

DSC March 24 - 26th - who's going?

Started by Carole, Mar 12, 2017, 12:32:31

Previous topic - Next topic

Carole

Great, see you there Julian.

Carole

Ivor

OK, so probably the most unusually email I've received regarding OAS, how would some of our members like to be in a small music video? The producer would like to film the musician talking to some astronomers over a cup of tea and looking through a telescope, by chance this weekend.

It would seem to be fate, before replying to their email and DSC I'd like to know if those going would mind me linking to the two events.

We might even manage some product placement to our advance :) nothing like a bit of free adverting!

Carole

Its OK with me, so long as there are not going to be bright lights and take up more than half an hour. But l can't speak for Roger and Julian. 

One proviso, don't want the site location publicised due to risk of people knowing where we go with expensive kit. 

Would like name of person for ID. 

However having said all that Julian will be the only one actually looking through a telescope.  Maybe an observing night might be more appropriate.

Having thought further on this, we get precious little time in a dark site, so time spent filming will be intrusive.  I think an observing evening at Otford would be more suitable where the scopes are intended for observing and not imaging.

Carole

julian

Ok with me and I agree with Carole.

Julian

Ivor

OK, I've sent the guy an email clarifying what he is looking for and the lighting he requires depending on his needs I might point him to the observing session instead.

Looking at some of the other music videos he has produced I've got a feeling we might not be the age demographic they are looking for anyway.