• Welcome to Orpington Astronomical Society.

News:

New version SMF 2.1.4 installed. You may need to clear cookies and login again...

Main Menu

Jellyfish Nebula IC443 NB

Started by Carole, Mar 19, 2017, 18:44:33

Previous topic - Next topic

Carole

Really struggling with LP in this one.  (Even with NB I find only the brighter targets work OK in Bromley). Also noisy due to lack of data.  Was in two minds whether to post it up at all, but since I haven't posted anything up for months, I thought I'd post it up anyway, warts and all.  Will give Doug something to show at least.

In my efforts to try to improve this image I added some Ha data I did in 2015 (but done with a smaller camera so it is only added to the bottom left section of the image).

Some nasty coloured gradients in bottom right area, might be a processing artifact as I can't see it on any other images. 

Well at least it has got me back in the saddle.

Ha 9 x 900sec with Atik 314 WOZS71 in 2015 (I am not sure if this is a mistake on the scope, but that's what my website tells me.
Ha 9 x 900secs with Atik 460 WOZS71 in 2017
Oiii & Sii 7 x 300secs binned x 2
Total 5h 40mins bottom left corner and 2h 20mins the rest of the image.

Hugh

Hi Carole

Whilst you may think this a poor quality picture in some respects, some of us non-photo-techy Forum users continue to be STUNNED by the quality of photos that you and your colleague photo-techy members put on the Forum from time to time.  The Forum is for all, so please (all other photo-techy members please note) do not refrain from continuing to put all the pics you can out for our enjoyment.

One of my favourite times at the society meetings is the 'picture' slot during Doug's reports and I'm always told - "They look better on the computer".  Well, some of us (me) don't care that they are not perfect ~ they are pretty awesome actually!

If I can, the pics I use on my Outreach talks are from the society website when I'm very  :lol: :lol: :lol:proud to point this out ~ why bother Hubble!  So please think of putting on the gallery as well.

Of course, you circulate to discuss with other members and improve as you can ~ I get that ~ but please do not underestimate the skill and pleasure that you photo-techy types give us other members!

Way to go Carole!

Hugh

Carole

Thanks for your comments Hugh.

Carole

Fay

well looks good Carole. glad you are getting back to normal, it will boost your confidence as well, after your traumatic experience

Fay 
It is healthier to be mutton dressed as lamb, than mutton dressed as mutton!

The Thing

One mans noise is another mans music. Very nice Carole, break a leg as they say in stage circles ;)

Carole

Thanks Fay and Duncan. 

Quotebreak a leg as they say in stage circles
Having been a performer on stage for many years I could never really understand this expression, I think they are just superstitious about saying good luck.  Bit like having to call MacBeth "The Scottish Play".

Carole

doug

Know where you`re coming from, Carole.
Always look on the bright side of life ...

Fay

it could still work Carole, or you may need another one

Carole

Quoteit could still work Carole, or you may need another one

What could still work Fay, my leg or some astro kit?

?????

Carole

Fay

Oh was thinking of your burser injection, but brain has just told me it was a text.........................................

Carole

Lol, it wasn't a text either, it was an E mail.

Carole

Fay

Bit of a worry Carole!!!!!!!!!

Carole