Author Topic: Anyone going to Astrofest this Saturday?  (Read 682 times)

The Thing

• Mr October
  • O. A. S.
  • Galaxy Class
  • The OAS International Branch
Re: Anyone going to Astrofest this Saturday?
« Reply #15 on: Feb 13, 2017, 10:55:02 »
I swear by my ADC. Often! I miss things like AstroFest.

FYI now you all own ADCs, if you use Firecapture (as you should) there is a built in ADC tuning function which takes the guesswork out of setting it. Put the ADC near the camera not the the other end of your barlow/powermate. Also you will find it will work when the adjusters are on one side to start with, i.e. when it's set in neutral position and the adjusters are lined up with the horizon when the scope is pointed at the target, and not when it's the other way. Probably depends on what you star sign is doing, funny this astrology thingy.
Life is like a box of chocolates, scoff it while it's in front of you.

Roy

• Committee
  • O. A. S.
  • Star Class
« Reply #16 on: Feb 13, 2017, 14:21:59 »
So which of the lectures did you enjoy the most? On the Friday when we went my favourites were the Cassini Mission, Gravitational waves (albeit I heard most of it before, but there are apparently two new detections, and simply being able to measure to a thousandth the width of a proton blows me away) and finally the talk about particle physics and anti-matter in particular.

Roy

Mac

• O. A. S.
  • Galaxy Class
    • smile
« Reply #17 on: Feb 15, 2017, 18:50:37 »
Interesting concept, but can you not align the individual RGB layers in photoshop?

Mac.
Never, ever, argue with an idiot. They'll drag you down to their level and beat you with experience.
If you argue with an idiot, there are two idiots.

MarkS

• O. A. S.
  • Galaxy Cluster
« Reply #18 on: Feb 15, 2017, 19:54:20 »
Quote from: Mac
Interesting concept, but can you not align the individual RGB layers in photoshop?

You can certainly do that and it does a reasonable job.  But remember that each filter (R, G and B) has a certain bandwidth and there will be dispersion of details within that bandwidth that you cannot correct for, simply by aligning R G and B.

This article shows some interesting comparisons:
http://skyinspector.co.uk/atm-dispersion-corrector--adc

Mark

Mac

• O. A. S.
  • Galaxy Class
    • smile
« Reply #19 on: Feb 16, 2017, 04:54:18 »
Good Article :lol:
very interesting read.
Mac.
Never, ever, argue with an idiot. They'll drag you down to their level and beat you with experience.
If you argue with an idiot, there are two idiots.