• Welcome to Orpington Astronomical Society.

News:

New version SMF 2.1.4 installed. You may need to clear cookies and login again...

Main Menu

Observing evening dates 2017

Started by doug, Jan 31, 2017, 10:12:54

Previous topic - Next topic

doug

Here are the Observing evening dates from May until December. Please write them on your OAS calendar or diary or whatever but do please try and attend. The more support we can get from members, the more encouragement it will give visitors and newbies. It`s an excellent opportunity to get your `scope out and demonstrate the workings to new members who are uncertain as to how to use their `scopes or the go-to.....

The dates are:- May 16th ... June 20th ... July 18th ... August 15th ... September 19th ... October 17th ... November 14th and December 19th.

All Tuesday dates and separated from the OAS meetings by about a week.

Thanks for all the support so far, it has been brilliant.

Doug.

Always look on the bright side of life ...

Carole

You are both doing a great job of the new style observing nights Doug and Rose they seem to have attracted a lot of interest and nice to do something practical if the skies are not clear. 

Adrian has put up the poster for you.

Carole

Rick

All added to the main website.

doug

Just to point out .... that the April observing evening is on the 25th, and the OAS meeting is on the following day. the 26th. This is the final time that the dates will clash, as all the other observing evening dates are separated by a week.

Doug.

Klitos

I couldn't make it to the observing evening this evening, but I bet you all had amazing views of Jupiter! I had a look through the ETX-90 out of my bedroom window and it was awesome!

doug

Yeah ... it was. But bloody cold.....

Doug.