• Welcome to Orpington Astronomical Society.

News:

New version SMF 2.1.4 installed. You may need to clear cookies and login again...

Main Menu

Tonight 25th imaging

Started by Carole, Nov 25, 2016, 20:45:26

Previous topic - Next topic

Carole

Well despite my aborted trip to Cairds and having to unload the van and re-rig the observatory it was too good a clear night to miss, so I did get myself set up again and have been outside since around 5.30.  Well I say outside, as I have been imaging remotely for the past 2 hours. 

Loads of subs been ruined tonight because of planes flying through them, never had so many before, any-one else getting this problem?

On the plus side my guiding problems I had last time seem to be sorted, it must have been the unintentional unbalanced Dec axis that caused it. 

Carole

Ivor

I was going to do star trails do there was a loads of planes here as well. Wish I could be there with you.

Carole

QuoteWish I could be there with you
I didn't go to Cairds Ivor, as stated above I had to abort the trip after packing my van up and starting out on the journey because my battery light stayed on.  took it to the garage instead (fully loaded with camping gear), probably needs a new alternator, so didn't dare continue the journey as battery not getting charged.

So had to unpack the van and re-rig the obsy.  The planes were in Bromley.  I must have been imaging in a flight path as when I changed target I didn't get any more.

Carole