• Welcome to Orpington Astronomical Society.

News:

New version SMF 2.1.4 installed. You may need to clear cookies and login again...

Main Menu

DSC 28 - 30th October

Started by Carole, Oct 18, 2016, 15:39:04

Previous topic - Next topic

Carole

Who's up for it?

Mark has already told me he plans to be there and I shall be coming too.  So all depends on the weather.

Carole

Mike

I'm a 'maybe' at the moment. It depends if something I'm working on comes to fruition or not.

Mike

We live in a society exquisitely dependent on science and technology, in which hardly anyone knows anything about science and technology. Carl Sagan

ApophisAstros

Hope to be there if i can make suitable arrangements,
  Roger
RedCat51,QHYCCD183,Atik460EX,EQ6-R.Tri-Band OSC,BaaderSII1,25" 4.5nm,Ha3.5nm,Oiii3.5nm.

Carole

So far:

Mark
Carole
Mike & Petra (Maybe)
Roger (if he can make arrangements)

julian

Carole

Mark
Carole
Julian
Mike & Petra (Maybe)
Roger (if he can make arrangements)

Any-one else?

Fay

I doubt I will be going. I have a private hospital appointment on the saturday, that I had to take as I have waited 4 weeks for it and no more available for a few weeks after. thought I would get one straight away. its for my foot.

I must admit to losing my  mojo", as Mark says, the nights as so few and far between I have got out of the habit of looking t the weather.

I know I have to get myself in gear as have a lot of equipment to get used.  hope to get myself out back very soon. i have not missed any decent nights yet...but got to get into my stride

Fay
It is healthier to be mutton dressed as lamb, than mutton dressed as mutton!

Carole

OK Fay, what's wrong with your foot?

So this leaves the glamping POD available for any-one else who would like to go but doesn't want to camp. 

Carole

Fay

I have had trouble for months, not getting any better. its under my heel, I think to to with tendons. can hardly walk 75% of time. if I do exercises its so much worse. painful most days
i still have private with my ex firm, but thought I would get an easy appointment, he is obviously in demand!

Sue

Good luck with the op Fay.

I have just enquired about the pod for me and Roy however think may be already booked as is the B&B (birthday celebrations) though camping is available as usual.They are going to ring us back later. We are not sure if we are up to the rigours of the tent this time so soon after Kelling.

Fay

thanks Sue, I am not having an op!!!!! Just want to know what is going on

Fay

Sue

So sorry Fay, I read the posts in a hurry! Do hope the appointment tomorrow leads to treatment that will sort out the problem. Miserable to be in pain. If you do want the pod -though they have not rung back so presume it may not be available- you must have first refusal, I did not mean to muscle in! Hope to see you soon, Sue.

Carole

We are getting a bunch of old crocks. 

When I was at kelling I found sleeping on the "shelf" really uncomfortable, and so I moved onto the floor, and although slightly better, wasn't great either.  I put it down to using a thinner mattress than usual.  However since being home I have had awful pain in my left hip and am living on Non steroidals at the moment.  Really painful to bend down, so went to the Docs.  He says I have Trochanteric Bursitis.  i.e. Bursitis in the hip and he asked me if I was uncomfortable lying in bed.  I am not uncomfortable at home because we have a Memory foam mattress, but "funny you should ask" I said, and explained how uncomfortable I had been sleeping in the Van.  Must make extra precautions next time. i.e. take the thicker mattress.

Carole

doug

..... or get a small tent with a decent bed and sleeping bags, etc. Thick mattress as you said..... in a tent .... or a different camper van......
Always look on the bright side of life ...

Carole

QuoteThick mattress as you said..... in a tent ....
Gave up camping because it was too much work all that packing and pitching and unpitching and packing and then unpacking when I get home, which is why I bought a van.

Quoteor a different camper van......
Not made of money Doug, it will be fine if I use a better mattress.

Carole