• Welcome to Orpington Astronomical Society.

News:

New version SMF 2.1.4 installed. You may need to clear cookies and login again...

Main Menu

Dates for DSC 2017

Started by Carole, Oct 10, 2016, 12:23:05

Previous topic - Next topic

Carole

Dates for DSC for your diaries for 2017 are as follows:

24 - 26th March
April = Kelling
19 - 21 May
21 - 23 July

25 - 27 August (Extra DSC added)
September = Kelling
20 - 22 October

Cairds can normally accommodate us in March, May and October, but we may have to look elswhere for July, maybe Running Water in New Romney, but no Glamping POD or B&B attached there unless you can find one nearby yourself.

We can of course organise UDSCs in between these dates if the weather is good and the ground is not soggy and members wish to go.  Hopefully having less dates they can be reserved in your diaries and I have deliberately avoided the months every-one goes to Kelling, and also the August date because of the solar eclipse as I shall be in the USA and I suspect others may want to go to see it.

Carole

Carole

Please note the extra date for August as above.

Please note that the entrance to Battenhurst Rd, is currently blocked due to gas mains works.  If coming down the A21 continue onto Hurst Green and turn right onto the A265, through Etchingham, then turn right just before Burwash into Shrub Lane.

Don't forget to officially book if you want to go in July or August as previously discussed due to it being peak season.  I think there are 4 already booked (or planning to book) for July.  August 3 - 4 booked or planning to book. 

Cairds Camping And Caravan Site
Battenhurst Road
Stonegate
East Sussex   
TN5 7DU   
Tel: 07765 363546  or  01435 883442
http://www.ukcampsite.co.uk/sites/details.asp?revid=10001

Carole