• Welcome to Orpington Astronomical Society.

News:

New version SMF 2.1.4 installed. You may need to clear cookies and login again...

Main Menu

Focusser adapter

Started by Carole, Oct 06, 2016, 14:58:06

Previous topic - Next topic

Carole

Any-one used one of these. 

https://www.firstlightoptics.com/adapters/baader-click-lock-2956256-m56-celestron-skywatcher.html

I just wondered whether they were any good as I really don't like the 2 tiny bolt system in the SW focusser, I am sure it causes tilt, and two small bolts holding onto £2700 worth of kit always seems a but risky, plus additionally my EFW wants to rotate itself according to gravity, but I have to keep it turned away so it doesn't hit the tripod, but because it is weight lopsided it will often rotate when I am putting the scope cover on and off (even though I try to do it carefully), this happened at Kelling, so I had to try to re-line it up and do another set of flats, but even then there was still some rotation in the subs.  I can't seem to tighten the two bolts any tighter, so it is not a satisfactory system.

So I was looking for a better alternative and was looking for something that attaches direct to the focusser which the Skywatcher Focal reducers do, but since I already have two WO focal reducers for my dual rig, I don;t really want to go to all that expense.

The above was suggested to me by FLO.

Thanks

Carole