• Welcome to Orpington Astronomical Society.

News:

New version SMF 2.1.4 installed. You may need to clear cookies and login again...

Main Menu

Hotmail to Outlook

Started by Carole, Sep 20, 2016, 10:18:37

Previous topic - Next topic

Carole

Any-one use Hotmail.

I seem to have had my hotmail converted to Outlook and it's awful, I hate it, its slow to respond to any command, and the flagged items don't show clearly. 

This is not an upgrade, it's a downgrade, upgrades should be an improvement, why must they always keep tinkering with things, if it's not broke no need to fix it.

I guess I am stuck with it, unless any-one knows better?

Carole   

ApophisAstros

had GoogleMail for as long as i can remember , always fast and never a problem.
   Roger
RedCat51,QHYCCD183,Atik460EX,EQ6-R.Tri-Band OSC,BaaderSII1,25" 4.5nm,Ha3.5nm,Oiii3.5nm.

Carole

I have googlemail (I used it for back up in the past and I use the google calendar which I can sync to my smartphone), but I don't like the way that works for E Mail.  Was always missing new mail because they rolled it onto the end of a previous conversation.  Had the same problem with Virgin webmail (who are my ISP).  So went over to Hotmail as I preferred the way it worked, also can access from anywhere.

Don't really want to have to change it again, I guess I'll just have to get used to it.

Carole

Mike

Quote from: Carole on Sep 20, 2016, 10:28:38but I don't like the way that works for E Mail.  Was always missing new mail because they rolled it onto the end of a previous conversation

That is conversation view. Simply disable it for normal view.
We live in a society exquisitely dependent on science and technology, in which hardly anyone knows anything about science and technology. Carl Sagan

Carole

QuoteThat is conversation view. Simply disable it for normal view.
Didn't know you could so that. 

Pretty sure you can't with Virgin webmail, I found that totally impossible to cope with.  Folders would disappear, you'd get about 4 or 5 lines of E mails showing and about 5/6 of the page would be blank. 

Well I'll persevere with Outlook for the time being as it's a real fag changing E mail addresses.

Carole

Mike

I presume you are doing everything in a browser window in which case you will be limited. Use an email client such as Thunderbird.
We live in a society exquisitely dependent on science and technology, in which hardly anyone knows anything about science and technology. Carl Sagan

Carole

QuoteYeah, I know it's not strictly Windows, but it's not astronomical, so moved to PC Helpline.

http://forum.orpington-astronomy.org.uk/index.php?topic=10855.0

Sorry, I thought that was where I put it.   :oops:

Carole

Rick

No big deal. I'm also wondering whether to split the thread about the last imaging session to move the practical post-session discussion out of "Behind the Scenes" into "Technical"...

Carole

Yes might be a good idea Rick.

Carole

Carole

Starting to get used to this, but it's still a bit clunky, i.e. you click on something and it takes a while to respond.  Never had this problem with Hotmail.

Carole