• Welcome to Orpington Astronomical Society.

News:

New version SMF 2.1.4 installed. You may need to clear cookies and login again...

Main Menu

DSC 2 - 4th September

Started by Carole, Aug 25, 2016, 14:07:00

Previous topic - Next topic

Carole

Cairds has confirmed they can accommodate us.  So who is interested in going?

Carole

Fay

I am interested if the hut is available
It is healthier to be mutton dressed as lamb, than mutton dressed as mutton!

Carole

Lets hope the weather will be clear, it must be a year now since we had a DSC.

Carole

Fay

I have arranged to go to Cairds. he, cant remember his name,  wants to know  how many may be going as there will be 4 caravans there as well. he said a couple have been there before when we have been there, so should not be any problems with light etc.
It is healthier to be mutton dressed as lamb, than mutton dressed as mutton!

Carole

I normally let Pete know once I have some idea, but since no-one else has responded, I have no idea.
Maybe we can get a better idea at Marks tomorrow.

Carole

Carole

Having spoken to those who were at Mark's imaging session, it looks like the following people will be going to Cairds next weekend, weather permitting:

Carole
Fay (POD)
Mark
Rachel (B&B)

Any-one else planning to come?

Fay if the skies are clear I might go down on Thursday if you want to join me.

Carole

Carole

Well two people now can't come, and the skies are not predicted to be clear for the weekend, so looks like yet another DSC is cancelled.

Carole

Carole

I am going down on my own today if any-one fancies joining me, or just coming down for the evening, and if I can get a weather forecast that makes it worth staying tomorrow night, I'll stop a 2nd night. 

Mark has my mobile number if any-one wants to get in touch as not sure if I'll have internet down there.  Didn't have a smartphone last time I went there.

Carole