• Welcome to Orpington Astronomical Society.

News:

New version SMF 2.1.4 installed. You may need to clear cookies and login again...

Main Menu

Nights will be Drawing In

Started by Fay, Jul 09, 2016, 08:56:43

Previous topic - Next topic

Fay

Well I hope we start to get some action going soon. never known anything like it. Even Mark has not done anything for ages!

The light nights are obviously a problem but we were not having any luck for months before that!

Fay
It is healthier to be mutton dressed as lamb, than mutton dressed as mutton!

Carole

Well I have generally lost heart in imaging from home, just feel much of it is a waste of time.  Have done all the bright objects doable from home and just keep waiting to go to DSC. 

I guess I'll get my Mojo back when we get longer evenings and there are a few more objects worth doing from home.
I feel galaxy period is a bit of a blank period for me anyway, need to get those nice nebula back.

Also been side tracked with lots of other things over the last few months:
Holiday
DIY (still on-going)
New dog
Referendum
Concert
etc etc

Carole

The Thing

:! I got one sub on Tuesday night. It is very nice. More would make it nicer. Waiting for bigger gaps in the clouds.

Meanwhile I am building a kitchen and decorating and landscaping and installing a new drain where the builder has buggered the old pipe and etc. etc. etc.

doug

It would be nice to put fresh images on my report for the meetings .... it would.... So come on you imagers, get the kit out and make a start soon. Perhaps some of the double stars and Saturn, he said hopefully.

Doug.
Always look on the bright side of life ...

ApophisAstros

.....also your cloud penetrating cameras...lol
Roger
RedCat51,QHYCCD183,Atik460EX,EQ6-R.Tri-Band OSC,BaaderSII1,25" 4.5nm,Ha3.5nm,Oiii3.5nm.