• Welcome to Orpington Astronomical Society.

News:

New version SMF 2.1.4 installed. You may need to clear cookies and login again...

Main Menu

Observing evening reminder - 26th April

Started by doug, Apr 25, 2016, 10:07:49

Previous topic - Next topic

doug

Just to remind you all .... there is an observing evening tomorrow 26th April. Meet at the Change of Horses at 19.30hrs and if the weather is clement, after a wet we will go and have a shufti at the sky. For the uniniated, that means a look at the sky. Just hope that a few people turn up, especially newbies who can come and ask relevant questions about astronomy or anything else they fancy.

Hope to see someone tomorrow evening. If the attendance is not there, I will have to consider doing something drastic...... like knocking the evening on the head !!!

Doug.
Always look on the bright side of life ...

doug

Just to remind you all .... there is an observing evening tomorrow 26th April. Meet at the Change of Horses at 19.30hrs and if the weather is clement, after a wet we will go and have a shufti at the sky. For the uniniated, that means a look at the sky. Just hope that a few people turn up, especially newbies who can come and ask relevant questions about astronomy or anything else they fancy.

Hope to see someone tomorrow evening. If the attendance is not there, I will have to consider doing something drastic...... like knocking the evening on the head !!!

Doug.

Fay

thought you had changed the pub, Doug

Fay
It is healthier to be mutton dressed as lamb, than mutton dressed as mutton!

doug

Thinking about it Fay. It's seems to be catering for the younger set ...very noisy with the telly blaring out..

doug

Sorry, people, I dropped a huge booboo yesterday. I misread my diary and mistakenly thought the Observing evening was last night. Rose and I had a chat with the landlord in the Change of Horses and he was quite amenable,  and would accommodate us for meeting there in the evenings of the Observing.

Apologies for the misinformation,

Doug.

Kenny

I strongly suggest The Blacksmith Arms at Cudham and you can do observing in the adjacent Recreation Ground.

Kenny

Doug, re the same thread in Chat. The observing dates are posted on both the website and on the OAS calendar. At this time of year, because of the later sunset, the meeting time has always been set as 8.30 instead of the winter meeting time of 7.30. If either the date or the time are changed, the website needs to be updated as not everyone uses the forum.

doug

Yes Kenny... I dropped a booboo when I posted an incorrect day on the Forum. Never mind, it`s all sorted now. And the start time for the observing evenings is now at 20.15 hrs. I mentioned this in my report at the meeting.

Doug.

Kenny

I've updated the website calendar for the 3rd May event. Will it be 8:15 until Sept?

doug

Yes. The time gives people who are at work,  who wish to attend more chance to have a meal and a cuppa and get to the pub. It was my error to  first publish the time as 19.30hrs.

Doug.

Kenny

Calendar updated for the rest of the year.