• Welcome to Orpington Astronomical Society.

News:

New version SMF 2.1.4 installed. You may need to clear cookies and login again...

Main Menu

Jupiter

Started by Carole, Mar 18, 2016, 12:14:59

Previous topic - Next topic

Fay

Ran the file thru Virtualdub and it was then able to open in AS. also ran it thru Castrator.

It is healthier to be mutton dressed as lamb, than mutton dressed as mutton!

Carole

Well and truly highjacked.   :( :(

Carole

Fay

sorry Carole it escalated
It is healthier to be mutton dressed as lamb, than mutton dressed as mutton!

Carole

Carole

Managed to drag a little more detail out of this image.

MarkS

Wow!  You've got some really good detail in that!

Mark

Carole

Thanks Mark.

Carole

RobertM

Sorry I missed this earlier.

That looks really good Carole, there's even detail appearing in the polar regions.  How did you get such good focus ?

Robert

Carole

Thanks Robert.

Well I think focus was just sheer luck Robert, it's something I struggle with and must have got it just right that night.  In contrast I went out again last night with my new C6 and despite managing to split the Moons with a Bahtinov Mask, it's still not as good a focus as this one.  Just about to post a new thread.

Carole

JohnP

Nice - but starting to look a little over processed (in my opinion of course) - just a tad too sharp for my liking.. very good though...

Carole

Thanks John. 

Carole

The Thing

I agree with everyone, lovely detail but a tad overprocessed blowing out the lighter areas. The moons are excellently rendered.

Make sure the histogram doesn't go over 75% when you capture to give 'headroom' for sharpening effects. Many planetary imagers capture really dim video and get good results. What you see at the capture stage should look pretty dim and awful. Also in Autstakkert set Normalisation to 75% to correct any bright frames, I found this can affect the final image a lot.

Carole

I've recently learnt a few more techniques, I might go back to this and re-process it.

Carole