• Welcome to Orpington Astronomical Society.

News:

New version SMF 2.1.4 installed. You may need to clear cookies and login again...

Main Menu

Sequence Generator Pro anyone ?

Started by RobertM, Jan 10, 2016, 21:06:14

Previous topic - Next topic

Carole

I am sure you are right Duncan, but you guys are much more IT savvy than me, I read through the installation instructions on Astrototilla once and decided it was far too complex.  Plus until I can resolve the away from the laptop issue where I could not use a wireless came pad, I don't really want to have to use EQmod as a regular thing.  I suppose a wired gamepad might be the solution, but not sure I can be bothered.

Carole

The Thing

It's easy as long as you know the range of fields of view of your setups so that you don't download too many indices.

(sorry about the thread hijack robert!)

RobertM

Quote from: The Thing on Jan 16, 2016, 17:11:43
Platesolving makes life so easy Carole. Last night I wanted to re-acquire the Crescent IC443 exactly as the night before and so I just did a 'goto image' using one of last nights subs. I used AstroTortilla to do this. 120s later (solve old image, slew to where the mount thinks it is, take a shot, solve new image, solve to verify position - repeat until on target) and I had a test shot showing the exact same framing of my target. No-brainer.

Duncan, that's ok (this forum is like any other) btw. how long does astrotortilla take to do a blind plate solve on your images.

Carole, just been trying some of those other bits:

Integration with GNS - right now it's giving me status updates via GNS... Dithering... Starting integration of event 2 - coolio  8)
Mosaic wizard - put in the object name and it pulls in a plate from DSS covering the area then you can lay a frame of your camera on top and either use that as a target or drag the frame larger to create mosaic entries.  Once happy you can then create a sequence direct from that window.

Here's a screenshot of it in action:

PS. GNS has just told me that the guide star was lost due to cloud and SGPro automatically restarted the sub (after guiding settled down).

Carole

QuoteGNS has just told me that the guide star was lost due to cloud and SGPro automatically restarted the sub (after guiding settled down).
That's pretty smart.

Carole